UF Hug Day

So yeah, today f'ing sucks and stuff. And it's tough because I know many of you guys aren't doing so hot either today (well, tre is, because his house is all kinds of steamy after this morning's incident).

So yeah, in this thread we vent, give and get e-hugs, and will hopefully feel even a tinge better about the day.

I'm going to lose my grandfather. The man who basically raised me, taught me my multiplication tables, and who always said I was his best friend. I have to get it out of my system tonight and suck it up and go home and say goodbye this weekend.

And I'm giving a hug to Dharma, because she has to deal with her craptacular part time job that seems vaguely reminiscent of a phone center sweatshop in order to supplement her not-entirely-rewarding full time job. :heart:

hi everyone, something good this week. i quit smoking again. four days in. first two were really hard this time, but i've had worse. i'm trying to keep things on an even keel for a while so i don't revert. if i do i'll let you know.

Death is lame. Why can't we just sail into the west? Or over to the sofa?

death really is lame. it's not for those that expire, it's for the rest of us who have to deal with the expiration. but then talk to my grandfather and at 91 and in icu, he still thinks he's going to live forever. so maybe there is a way to overcome it.

boys are stupid and those problems are never miniscule :hugs:
when you're old enough, come stateside and i'll buy you many rounds of drinks :)

Not just boys. Fuck that boy, he's not worth my upset. I've moved on now to moaning about everything else.

My job. That phone call I got today about somebody dying on the operating table and the other person expecting me to somehow help them immediately and I was like FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK for about 60 seconds. Eurgh. Adjusting to living in a shared house. Being drunk every single day because it's the done thing. Thinking about the things I have committed to in the next few months, thinking I should definately do them but having a sneaking suspicion I might be too miserable and drunk to do them. Being up and down like a yo yo all day long. Yeah. Eurgh. :)

Oh yeah and I have no money

PS I'm coming over in January, come see me for illegal drinking!

Not just boys. Fuck that boy, he's not worth my upset. I've moved on now to moaning about everything else.

My job. That phone call I got today about somebody dying on the operating table and the other person expecting me to somehow help them immediately and I was like FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK for about 60 seconds. Eurgh. Adjusting to living in a shared house. Being drunk every single day because it's the done thing. Thinking about the things I have committed to in the next few months, thinking I should definately do them but having a sneaking suspicion I might be too miserable and drunk to do them. Being up and down like a yo yo all day long. Yeah. Eurgh. :)

Oh yeah and I have no money

PS I'm coming over in January, come see me for illegal drinking!

you know, i can extend the offer of a chat anytime. despite our -shortcomings-.

i would like to think a fellow nhs lacky can be of some use to a colleague.

you know, i can extend the offer of a chat anytime. despite our -shortcomings-.

i would like to think a fellow nhs lacky can be of some use to a colleague.

Well thank you, you know my AIM name so you're welcome to. It' just pissing annoying feeling guilty about the fact someone might die any second and there's nothing you can do because a) you don't fucking know, b) the doctor you need to find has no bleep and c) it's not your fucking job. Felt a bit upset really.