Food TV shows that you may not be watching but should be

Good Place was expected cheesiness; granted, we only watched a handful of episodes, but it wasn't engaging us.
We stopped about halfway through the first season, then returned to it later and haven't stopped.

It gets so much better after you get past that hump. Every really good show has one, first season of P&R is useless.

Edit: the concepts The Good Place plays with are worth watching for me.

Good Place was expected cheesiness; granted, we only watched a handful of episodes, but it wasn't engaging us.
Not to spoiler but Michael's(Ted Danson) transformation over time starts making it much more interesting. As Asa said, the concepts at play become much more entertaining than the initial premise of "this is supposed to be heaven but it's really part of hell".
[add]You only experienced the expected cheesiness of the "this is actually hell" premise. That's only a stopping point on the journey, not the destination.

Last edited:
LetterKenny
Community
Parks and Rec

Fucking amazing comedies. The Good Place = horrible.
The good place definitely less than those. Brooklyn 99 is nearing Parks and Rec level of good for me. Its not there, but its second best for sure.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
Why? It's my opinion. We disagree and that's okay.

This *really* doesn't seem worth 5 pages of debate, but maybe I'm just boring today.
If you dont want to discuss it, why say anything about it? If we arent going to discuss differing opinions, what is the point of a forum?

Fuck, man. You really never want to have any sort of discussion with me ever again?

I disagree.

The characters arent quite as good in my opinion. What makes parks and rec or brooklyn 99 great is that all or a very large majority of the characters are just super likeable.

Parks and rec: leslie, ron, andy, april, jerry/gary/terry
brooklyn 99: rosa, amy, terry, jake, capt holt, gina

Good place: chibi.... uhhh, i cant even remember the main characters name. Theyre just not a likeable yet (in season 1)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: wetwillie
The characters arent quite as good in my opinion. What makes parks and rec or brooklyn 99 great is that all or a very large majority of the characters are just super likeable.

Parks and rec: leslie, ron, andy, april, jerry/gary/terry
brooklyn 99: rosa, amy, terry, jake, capt holt, gina

Good place: chibi.... uhhh, i cant even remember the main characters name. Theyre just not a likeable yet (in season 1)
Tahani, Eleanor, FloridaMan

• Haha
Reactions: Immigrant
If you dont want to discuss it, why say anything about it? If we arent going to discuss differing opinions, what is the point of a forum?

Fuck, man. You really never want to have any sort of discussion with me ever again?
You can't argue art. I only tell you that you're stupid on things that I can prove! :D

• Haha
Reactions: wetwillie