top ten pet peeves

Mudseason :mad: Anyone from up north knows what I am talking about. For those that don't, mudseason immediately follows winter, where the ground thaws out enough that any dirt, even the lawns, turn into mud soup.
I haven't been able to park my truck in the garage cuz the driveway is one long mud run. And I just washed my truck too.
The obvious fix would be to pave the driveway, but I don't think the asphalt plants around here are up and running yet. That, and to get the driveway paved is like $4000; way outside of any budget. Alternative would be some type of crushed rock.

Mudseason :mad: Anyone from up north knows what I am talking about. For those that don't, mudseason immediately follows winter, where the ground thaws out enough that any dirt, even the lawns, turn into mud soup.
I haven't been able to park my truck in the garage cuz the driveway is one long mud run. And I just washed my truck too.
The obvious fix would be to pave the driveway, but I don't think the asphalt plants around here are up and running yet. That, and to get the driveway paved is like $4000; way outside of any budget. Alternative would be some type of crushed rock.

you can get free concrete. call your nearest concrete dealer and ask them to drop of any extra concrete they have. Since they can't keep any extra, they'd love to get rid of it. You just have to have it all framed up when they dump it, because that is all they will do. it may be on short notice, but it will be free.

you can get free concrete. call your nearest concrete dealer and ask them to drop of any extra concrete they have. Since they can't keep any extra, they'd love to get rid of it. You just have to have it all framed up when they dump it, because that is all they will do. it may be on short notice, but it will be free.

Eh concrete and Maine winters don't mix. But nice thought though.

So no where in Maine do they have concrete .. interesting lol. I thought that's what spacers and gaps were for. To allow for them to expand and contract, like on overpasses and such.

yes, concrete is a sponge. It sucks up water and will release it. But, if it is sitting on the ground, it can't let the water go. The concrete get brittle and cracks.

Seriously its gross.

thank you! how many times can you tell someone to stop doing that, seriously! Hydro does this on a daily basic I swear and leaves it on the shower walls. Its so gross and I complain to him and he denies it constantly, but who else is there?