Tony Snow's comments on Bush

shawndavid

Are you wanting making fuck berserker?
Before he was appointed to the position of White House Press Secretary...

We miss you Scot :fly:

Quote:

Tony Snow On President Bush: ‘An Embarrassment,’ ‘Impotent,’ ‘Doesn’t Seem To Mean What He Says’

[UPDATE: Also see what Tony Snow has to say on the issues.]

Fox News’ Tony Snow is expected to be named White House Press Secretary. Here’s some of what he’s had to say about the President:

– Bush has “lost control of the federal budget and cannot resist the temptation to stop raiding the public fisc.” [3/17/06]

– “George W. Bush and his colleagues have become not merely the custodians of the largest government in the history of humankind, but also exponents of its vigorous expansion.” [3/17/06]

– “President Bush distilled the essence of his presidency in this year’s State of the Union Address: brilliant foreign policy and listless domestic policy.” [2/3/06]

– “George Bush has become something of an embarrassment.” [11/11/05]

– Bush “has a habit of singing from the Political Correctness hymnal.” [10/7/05]

– “No president has looked this impotent this long when it comes to defending presidential powers and prerogatives.” [9/30/05]

– Bush “has given the impression that [he] is more eager to please than lead, and that political opponents can get their way if they simply dig in their heels and behave like petulant trust-fund brats, demanding money and favor — now!” [9/30/05]

– “When it comes to federal spending, George W. Bush is the boy who can’t say no. In each of his three years at the helm, the president has warned Congress to restrain its spending appetites, but so far nobody has pushed away from the table mainly because the president doesn’t seem to mean what he says.” [The Detroit News, 12/28/03]

– “The president doesn’t seem to give a rip about spending restraint.” [The Detroit News, 12/28/03]

– “Bush, for all his personal appeal, ultimately bolstered his detractors’ claims that he didn’t have the drive and work ethic to succeed.” [11/16/00]

– “Little in the character of demeanor of Al Gore or George Bush makes us say to ourselves: Now, this man is truly special! Little in our present peace and prosperity impels us to say: Give us a great man!” [8/25/00]

– “George W. Bush, meanwhile, talks of a pillowy America, full of niceness and goodwill. Bush has inherited his mother’s attractive feistiness, but he also got his father’s syntax. At one point last week, he stunned a friendly audience by barking out absurd and inappropriate words, like a soul tortured with Tourette’s.” [8/25/00]

– “He recently tried to dazzle reporters by discussing the vagaries of Congressional Budget Office economic forecasts, but his recitation of numbers proved so bewildering that not even his aides could produce a comprehensible translation. The English Language has become a minefield for the man, whose malaprops make him the political heir not of Ronald Reagan, but Norm Crosby.” [8/25/00]

– “On the policy side, he has become a classical dime-store Democrat. He gladly will shovel money into programs that enjoy undeserved prestige, such as Head Start. He seems to consider it mean-spirited to shut down programs that rip-off taxpayers and mislead supposed beneficiaries.” [8/25/00]

Yeah... And?

I just dont care, at least Scot McLellin (I cant fucking spell his name) had funny dodgy answers.

FlamingGlory said:
Yeah... And?

I just dont care, at least Scot McLellin (I cant fucking spell his name) had funny dodgy answers.
i like how Snow can be a anchor on FOX News, sometimes host Rush Limbaugh's show, be the former chief speechwriter for W's Daddy George, and STILL shit talk about Bush, that's awesome

elpmis said:
i like how Snow can be a anchor on FOX News, sometimes host Rush Limbaugh's show, be the former chief speechwriter for W's Daddy George, and STILL shit talk about Bush, that's awesome
Proving that everyone really hates GW. Republicans dont like him, and well Democrats are always bitching about something. The only member worth crap in his administration is Rumsfeld.

In other news anyone see how Hillary voted for the immigration amnesty, then flipped 360 and now wants to build a wall. Im voting this year just to attempt to get rid of her. I hate politicians. :(

FlamingGlory said:
Yeah... And?

First article that came to mind. He was a horrible at oration.

Scott McClellan's departure
A voice of muddle, muzzled

Apr 20th 2006 | WASHINGTON, DC
From The Economist print edition
Making a few improvements with November in mind

AFP Heading for that rocking chair

ON APRIL 18th, President George Bush's press secretary explained the week's first reshuffle to reporters. “Well, when you have a new chief of staff coming on, the chief of staff, as I talked about yesterday, in the senior staff meeting talked about this is a time to refresh ourselves and re-energise the team,” said Scott McClellan. By his standards, that was quite articulate. The next day, he was gone.

A profile in this month's Vanity Fair described Mr McClellan as “the living symbol of this White House's profound and, perhaps, mortal problem with language and meaning.” His resignation was greeted with relief on the right and crowing on the left. “Not to hit a guy when he's down, but...thank God,” wrote John Podhoretz in The Corner, a blog attached to the conservative National Review. Donna Daugherty, a left-wing songstress, wrote a ditty to mark the occasion, with the chorus: “My name is Scotty, and oh, how I lie!”

The president was kinder, of course. He praised Mr McClellan's “class” and “integrity”, and added: “One of these days, he and I are going to be rocking on chairs in Texas, talking about the good old days.” Sympathetic analysts downplayed the news. Karlyn Bowman of the American Enterprise Institute, a conservative think-tank, thought the story would have “no impact on public opinion” because few Americans could name Mr Bush's spokesman.

That is true, but a president's spokesman has a role in shaping political debate that does not depend on people knowing his name. His justifications of Mr Bush's policies are posted on the White House website and endlessly dissected online. If he cannot explain complex issues clearly, or parry reporters' thrusts, he does his boss a disservice.

No replacement had been named as The Economist went to press. But many observers think that, regardless of who the new spokesman is, Mr Bush's chief megaphone will be Karl Rove, his long-time adviser. Mr Bush this week gave one of Mr Rove's titles, that of deputy chief of staff in charge of policy, to a new man, Joel Kaplan. This was reportedly to allow Mr Rove to concentrate on helping the Republicans do less badly than predicted in November's elections. “They're certainly going to need him,” says Ms Bowman.

Galen said:
First article that came to mind. He was a horrible at oration.

Scott McClellan's departure
`snip`
Yup. Although I'm not sure how much was it him being told to shut the hell up or if he wasnt a good talker. Watching his press conferences on CSPAN at 2am have provided me with hours of amusment and education on saying alot without actually saying anything. I'll miss him. :(

ETA: Soylent Green is on TMC right now people. 6pm EDT

FlamingGlory said:
Proving that everyone really hates GW. Republicans dont like him, and well Democrats are always bitching about something. The only member worth crap in his administration is Rumsfeld.
Are you out of your mind? Yeah, he makes a good cartoon character.

fly said:
Are you out of your mind? Yeah, he makes a good cartoon character.
Nope not out of my mind, could we get a little more specific than 'cartoon character'?

shawndavid said:
He's very emotive. I like that. I enjoy watching him throw caution to the wind when deciding how to handle the delicate questions.
Donal Rumsfeld said:
"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns - the ones we don't know we don't know." (February 12, 2002)

:cool:

FlamingGlory said:
He fits in perfectly with the Bush administraion, no doubt. However, his pompous, elitest attitude and desire to leave his mark on war forever have cost this country money, lives, and credit with the world. Again, in parallel with Bush, he had a grand idea that might have been amazing, instead it turned into a total clusterfuck. And no one will admit it.

His verbage and total lack of emotion is kinda funny, if you don't think about the people dying for it.

fly said:
YOU DONT SEE THAT TUDE FROM MY GIRL CONDI. OR COLON POWELL
cookie-monster-abusing-cookie-dough.png