Today's cartoons suck

*Fuxx Burger*

Flaccid Member
Jan 20, 2005
Portland OR
Marklar
₥0
So for the most part, I hate nearly every cartoon for children that's out right now.

With 2 exceptions:
Fairly Odd Parents
Sponge Bob Squarepants

For some reason these 2 shows make me LOL. They are just so stupid it cracks me up.

Content/ what's your fav current cartoon and your fav classic cartoon

Fat Burger said:
Whoa, that's weird, I was watching Fairly Odd Parents with my wife this morning! :eek:

I never really watched cartoons, so I don't have a favorite classic one :(
Oh cmon!!
Dosent Animaniacs at least make the bottom of your list??? :tard:

theacoustician said:
Anything Adult Swim rules me. Family Guy and American Dad are also usually pretty funny. Clone Wars is simply badass.
Adult swim? Never heard of it.

I love Family guy, but unfortunatly I didn't find American Dad all that good. Maybe it's because I grew up in the land of eh's, beavers and igloos.

Weird, I was just having this conversation with a coworker.

Yesteryears cartoons such as Ducktales were fun. Of course, I also loved such shows as Voltron and Thundercats. Both shows, it should be noted, suck. They are literally painful to watch.

Today's cartoons... I'm assuming I can't count anime. I saw a show called Avatar that was neat. Some show that has death is pretty funny. Teen Titans can be fun.

theacoustician said:
Anything Adult Swim rules me. Family Guy and American Dad are also usually pretty funny. Clone Wars is simply badass.

I got the clone wars cartoons on netflix a few months ago, and while they're all damn pretty they're also dismayingly boring. Maybe watching them all back to back was too much, though.

taeric said:
Weird, I was just having this conversation with a coworker.

Yesteryears cartoons such as Ducktales were fun. Of course, I also loved such shows as Voltron and Thundercats. Both shows, it should be noted, suck. They are literally painful to watch.

Today's cartoons... I'm assuming I can't count anime. I saw a show called Avatar that was neat. Some show that has death is pretty funny. Teen Titans can be fun.
heh how odd. I saw an add for Avatar while watching Spongebob which was what made me decide to make this thread :lol: (I thought it looked stupid :p)

I loved Ducktales!! I remember watching it with my dad as a child.
Astroboy rocked too... but maybe that was only a Canadian thing I donno

Fat Burger said:
Oh snap! Animaniacs was the best!

I was just thinking of all the morning cartoons, not the afternoon ones and the "adult" ones like Family Guy.

And Adult Swim sucks ass.
Yep, you both don't exist now as far as I'm concerned.

*Fuxx Burger* said:
heh how odd. I saw an add for Avatar while watching Spongebob which was what made me decide to make this thread :lol: (I thought it looked stupid :p)

I loved Ducktales!! I remember watching it with my dad as a child.
Astroboy rocked too... but maybe that was only a Canadian thing I donno

It is definitely targeted at young males, and I was able to appreciate it with that in mind. Which lead me to compare it to Voltron and Thundercats. Same target audience, much better done. (Avatar is.)

I don't recall Astroboy. I seem to recall liking all of the Disney shows back in the day. I don't know how their new ones stack up.

Also, I'll throw in some defence for those that don't like Adult Swim. A lot of it is.... not conventional at all. Sealab, Aquateen, etc. just don't appeal to me at all. It looks like they decided to just sit and do some really stupid stuff for the sake of being stupid. Can be funny, but is mostly just WTF.

thundercats was my favourite by far. i also liked bucky o'hare and danger mouse.

more recently, i was a massive fan of southpark and cartman during my teens

just go to cartoon network and start recording at 10:00.

i used to watch g.i. joe and voltron like it was my job when i was little.

Whizzleteets said:
just go to cartoon network and start recording at 10:00.

i used to watch g.i. joe and voltron like it was my job when i was little.
hahahah my dad loves GI Joe when I was little.

I remember every year for christmas he would tease me and say all I was getting was GI Joes... trust me, when you are a 7 yearold girl, thats the last thing you want.

So one year I went out and bought him a TON of the stupid things, wrapped them up and gave them to him for christmas :lol: