Today's cartoons suck

*Fuxx Burger* said:
wow I forgot about a lot of those cartoons. Johnny Bravo is a hoot!!! Pinkey and the brain too!! ahhh

I wanna be a kid again :(
They have TV land for old classic sitcoms, they need a chanel for classic cartoons!!

its called boomerang. ;)

Desslock said:
It has its really funny moments. They basically throw just about everything at you trying to get a laugh. I bought the first season dvds.

Well then... if you say so.. I'm going to watch it. :)

FLCL was for people who love Animation and knowing some Asian/American culture helped out alittle too. I admit I enjoy it more now that I have an English soundtrack but I thought it was awesome back in the day.

Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo is also decent if you have a really good grasp of Japanese culture (or can figure it out) I haven't watch nothing but one episode, but it seems like they tried to adapt it the US culture I dont think it worked all that well, but that was one episode.

However, Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo is a prime example in why the US Anime industry is in a recession. they are signing up to show just about every show that comes out now. The Japanese are not stupid and see whats going on and thus jacked the price up too. Granted the US companies sometimes took a chance 10 years ago on things like this, they didnt also go out and make a million copies and buy each episode at like $35-60k a pop. They should have took the money they were making and purchased old content or expanded into other generes, not flood the market with crap.

Desslock said:
Has anyone tried watching Bobobo-bobo-bobobo?
I dont' get that one.

I suspect that the episodes aired in cartoon network are very heavily edited. I don't mean edited for content necessarily, I mean it's like they took the show, invented their own story and dialogue, and then they resequenced all the scenes to make their inane little acid trip of a program work. Honestly, I think that happens with a lot of Japanese cartoons.

Ryokurin said:
However, Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo is a prime example in why the US Anime industry is in a recession. they are signing up to show just about every show that comes out now. The Japanese are not stupid and see whats going on and thus jacked the price up too. Granted the US companies sometimes took a chance 10 years ago on things like this, they didnt also go out and make a million copies and buy each episode at like $35-60k a pop. They should have took the money they were making and purchased old content or expanded into other generes, not flood the market with crap.

Been seeing lots of dubs the past few years. Yu-gi-oh has made tons of money.

b_sinning said:
Been seeing lots of dubs the past few years. Yu-gi-oh has made tons of money.

Dubs is not the problem. and Yu-gi-oh is just a card game. Its not a show full of popculture. What some of the US Anime companies are doing is basically taking VH1's Best Week Ever and showing it in Japan. It may be informative but no one is going to get the jokes. I was into Anime years before it got popular and always been into Asian culture so I understood (or could figure out with research) that in episode 3 of FLCL when the kid keeps asking Nota about the chu-lady while he was dressed in a mouse suit that Chu can mean kiss and mouse in Japan. that probably went over other peoples heads. The example in Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo that I was refering to was an episode where he was filling out an application. In the Japanese version the guy bullshitted everything he didn't know or just drew pictures. in the American version they just made it seem like he drew all over the entire application. It works, but thats halfassed IMHO.

What im saying is that they need to stop licenceing every single show that comes out and worrying about if its story will fit in the US as all its doing is confusing people.