THURSDAY NIGHT IS BF2 NIGHT, tell your squaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarcasmo said:
See what I forgot to tell you is that if you hit enter to bring up the spawn point map after you die, you won't immediately spawn. That way you can wait for artillery to stop, choose a close by one so spawn campers can't pop you, etc. You don't have to start in the same place again, only to get shot repeatedly, just because your timer runs out and it's time to respawn.

And when there's only one spot left to spawn and it's covered by 3 enemies (non capturable) should I just wait till the round's over?

KNYTE said:
CoF-KNYTE [G36C] UF_Coqui

Fixt

Coqui said:
I just wish I could actually see people in this game. Any setting I can do to make seeing better? (or at least have names take shorter than 10 seconds to popup so I know it's Friendly or foe)

look at your HUD...your team shows up, enemy doesn't

Coqui said:
And when there's only one spot left to spawn and it's covered by 3 enemies (non capturable) should I just wait till the round's over?

I don't remember everyone camping our primary spawn.......but yeah that makes it tough.

That's why teamwork is essential in this game. If squads were truly balanced (2 assault, support, medic, engineer, spec. for.) and effectively covered cps for their buddies it wouldn't be an issue. But people always run off in groups of two or three and get hosed down, removing them from the equation. (Including me) It's like a video game reflex or something. "Ooh! Enemies! Get them!"

edit: Also, if you're in a squad and your squad leader is still alive you can spawn next to him, whereever he is.

Coqui said:
My aim apparently is nowhere near as good as your guys, in the time it takes for me to look up at the radar, I'm already dead.

This is why I use the nade launcher so much. If I can't aim for your eyeballs like you can to me, I'll just bounce an explosion off the wall next to you and kill you that way. Walls are easier to aim at.

If you look at my game stats something like 60% of my kills are nades (260+). :fly:

Sarcasmo said:
This is why I use the nade launcher so much. If I can't aim for your eyeballs like you can to me, I'll just bounce an explosion off the wall next to you and kill you that way. Walls are easier to aim at.

If you look at my game stats something like 60% of my kills are nades (260+). :fly:

I just want to know how people got so good, both fly and W_A_W instantly turned their turrets and shot exactly where I was (even if I was hiding) after I fired once with a rocket launcher at their tanks.

Coqui said:
I just want to know how people got so good, both fly and W_A_W instantly turned their turrets and shot exactly where I was (even if I was hiding) after I fired once with a rocket launcher at their tanks.

if the tank is not moving I'm always doing 360's with the turret so if I get hit in the middle of a 360 I can rule out a large portion of board as being the origin

Coqui said:

A lot of people are like that. I think it's a combination of seeing what direction the rocket came from and having the sensitivity on the vehicle cranked up so that the turret turns fast or something. (If that's even an option)

Oh, and hacks.

Coqui said:
I just wish I could actually see people in this game. Any setting I can do to make seeing better? (or at least have names take shorter than 10 seconds to popup so I know it's Friendly or foe)
Turn up the draw distance.

Sarcasmo said:

Yeah, you got me with that a few times. Fucker.

Coqui said:
A little red thing comes up to say where you got hit.

fly said:
Turn up the draw distance.

Yeah, that helps a lot. Crank it up to 100.

Also, look at things diagonally, or on your peripheral. The game draws really, really far that way, farther than the draw distance you've got set. Most games do.

I killed W_a_W a couple times in his tank last night doing that on the Wetlands map. Found him diagonally, re-centered the screen, estimated where exactly he was, and lobbed a shell into him. You'll know you hit because of the little x that flashes in the crosshair upon impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.