Ontopic Thoughts on the new push to basically ban the Confederate Flag

Should the Confederate Flag be removed and banned

• Yes it's a symbol of hate

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • No it's just a flag representing Southern pride and history that people take out of context

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters
I'm getting the impression it's an easy bandwagon to jump on for anyone wanting brownie points and to be in the press. "Look how good of a politician, company, person I am cause I banned everything."
No only that, the media promotes this crap on auto-repeat in all of their interviews.

Conressman Jones said it should be banned, WOULDN'T YOU AGREE! WELL, YOU RACIST! WELL? YOU AGREE DON'T YOU??

Show me your boobs.
Show me your boobs.
CP-0514_Dermcase_NEW_vellus_hair_cyst_2_050523_web.jpg

go to google and type in "co"

confederate flag is the third result

No mention of the Confederacy, which would educate the people and show them that while yes, racism is portrayed by the flag, it also represents a moderately different view of the way another group of people wanted the country to be constructed. It focused so much more on State rights and individual responsibility, essentially restricting the federal government power and reserving the decisions to each state individually. After only a few years it began to crumble due to the lack of money, but their view actually portrayed the way the US constitution reads. The federal government has limited power, and anything that is not listed in the constitution, gives the power to each state individually.

Just watching the news and they said a Disney source said they are looking into getting rid of the Dixieland area at the theme parks due to pressure of the southern themed areas and attractions.
What areas are they talking about? Sorry Disney freak says this is bull. There are no Dixieland areas at the US parks. The did rename Dixie Landings (a resort) to Port Orleans Riverside though years ago.

What areas are they talking about? Sorry Disney freak says this is bull. There are no Dixieland areas at the US parks. The did rename Dixie Landings (a resort) to Port Orleans Riverside though years ago.

It said portions of Frontier land and Liberty Square to include items like splash mountain, huck Finn island, country bear jamboree, and southern music areas.

It said portions of Frontier land and Liberty Square to include items like splash mountain, huck Finn island, country bear jamboree, and southern music areas.
Ah that's where I was confused - I thought they were talking about a Dixie named area which there are none of.

Why on earth would they want to get rid of Tom Sawyer Island? That's a classic book!!!! And let's strip everything away from the idea of a country jamboree. Why don't we get rid of Ft. Wilderness with he Hoop Dee Doo Review while we're at it. I mean all southern and country music is just evil.... right?

Yeah I think it's dumb as was the renaming of the resort.

Ah that's where I was confused - I thought they were talking about a Dixie named area which there are none of.

Why on earth would they want to get rid of Tom Sawyer Island? That's a classic book!!!! And let's strip everything away from the idea of a country jamboree. Why don't we get rid of Ft. Wilderness with he Hoop Dee Doo Review while we're at it. I mean all southern and country music is just evil.... right?

Yeah I think it's dumb as was the renaming of the resort.

Yeah I don't see it happening

• Gravy
Reactions: helenabear
The National Park Service on Wednesday asked its bookstore and gift shop vendors to remove standalone Confederate flag items from their shelves -- a move one of their biggest merchants agreed to make.

"With this particular flag, the connotation is that because it represents the Confederacy that fought on the side of succession and slavery it can be viewed as a racist symbol," said National Park Service spokeswoman Kathy Kupper.

The service is asking vendors to remove products that solely feature the flag as a symbol, like a Confederate flag pin or belt buckle.

While the request is unprecedented, Kupper said, park officials expect its more than 70 vendors to comply.

Last edited: