Ontopic Thoughts on the new push to basically ban the Confederate Flag

Should the Confederate Flag be removed and banned

• Yes it's a symbol of hate

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • No it's just a flag representing Southern pride and history that people take out of context

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters
The point is, it's on both arms... And both arms have the stars towards the front.

right now the ISAF patch is worn on the left arm

dCjAeQZ.jpg

There's always exceptions, my understanding is that in most cases, it's on both arms.

I have no idea what the rules are in garrison but when deployed it was the American flag on the right, ISAF on the left. unsure what patch they're using in Iraq. this applied to army, af, and navy. we wear marpat in theater, no patches except for the embarkers

I have no idea what the rules are in garrison but when deployed it was the American flag on the right, ISAF on the left. unsure what patch they're using in Iraq. this applied to army, af, and navy. we wear marpat in theater, no patches except for the embarkers
assuming flag on the right because the flag is always supposed to be on it's own right?

assuming flag on the right because the flag is always supposed to be on it's own right?

I'm sure the army has a reason for it but I don't know their uniform regulations very well. the other branches might just copy it or have their own regs :iono:

but I've never seen anyone with flags on both shoulders

• Gravy
Reactions: august
Probably more to do with saluting. When carrying a flag of any sort the right hand controls the flag.
that makes sense, too! I just remember when I used to do color guard stuff, that was a big thing they always talked about, flag on it's own right, hence why it'd look like it was on the left when displayed in a room with other flags (e.g. state or military branch flag or what have you) but was carried in on the right.

1% of the neckbeards that proclaim the Confederate flag is about "heritage not hate" know the actual history of the Confederate flag and the reasons behind the Civil War. And even that 1% is retarded, because they're okay with overt racism.

I blocked my brother on FB over this issue, after he dismissed historical quotes exposing the ridiculous racism for what it is as "biased journalism." :fly:

Ever heard the Abe Lincoln quotes on black people? He wasn't exactly for black people having equal rights, just not being slaves.
Different times. They were all still Americans who fought and died to defend their homeland from the northern aggressors.

Ever heard the Abe Lincoln quotes on black people? He wasn't exactly for black people having equal rights, just not being slaves.
Different times. They were all still Americans who fought and died to defend their homeland from the northern aggressors.
They were killing other Americans for something that we have determined to be morally repugnant.

South fired the first shots.

The south just wanted to be left alone.

My whole point is by today's standards, Abe would be considered an extreme bigot. How long before they want to tear his monument down? Wouldn't surprise me if the ultra sensitive weren't all for it. You can't judge people by the times they were raised in imo. They just didn't know.

The south just wanted to be left alone.

My whole point is by today's standards, Abe would be considered an extreme bigot. How long before they want to tear his monument down? Wouldn't surprise me if the ultra sensitive weren't all for it. You can't judge people by the times they were raised in imo. They just didn't know.
You're moving the target now. What does any of this have to do with the Confederate flag today?