This just in: reverendsaintjay joins Useless Forums...

It's the start of a glorious new week. As my boss is on vacation and half my team is sitting in a PKI conference, I am working from home today.

That's right, envy me. Well go ahead, start envying.

reverendsaintjay said:
It's the start of a glorious new week. As my boss is on vacation and half my team is sitting in a PKI conference, I am working from home today.

That's right, envy me. Well go ahead, start envying.

I'm at home, and I don't even have to do any work from home today. I'm still on Christmas vacation, so I should be the envy of all.

eileenbunny said:
I'm at home, and I don't even have to do any work from home today. I'm still on Christmas vacation, so I should be the envy of all.
i'm at work and browsing useless [M] and miata.net

and i do it everday

i should be envied..

itburnswhenipee said:
Hey, Jason:

You still have that honda magna?

I sure do... I haven't ridden it since the most recent motorcycle fatality in my life, but I start it every couple of weeks to keep the battery fresh.

As sad as it may be, it's going up for sale in the spring.

eileenbunny said:
That's really sad, what happened?

One of my friends from work was getting 'one last ride' in two winters ago. He and a bunch of people all put on their woolies and took the bikes out through Frederick. A group of 14 of them were riding behind an older gentleman in a Civic, who put his turn signal on to make a right-hand turn.

Instead of the right, he made an illegal u-turn, right into my friend Bob.

Now, this isn't the first friend I've had die in a motorcycle accident, but it's the one that shook me the worst. It just exemplified that no matter how safe, cautious, prepared, whatever I am... There's always going to be some tool out there with the capacity to end my life before the helicopter even arrives.

Perhaps one day I'll invest in a Harley loud enough to make even the deaf aware of my presence. Until then I'll drive in the relative safety of an inefficient SUV.

Fun Fact: If you are in an accident that involves a Ford Explorer (being driven by the other party), you are up to 16x more likely to die, depending on what car you are driving.

So yeah, go ahead and hit me. It's even paid off.