[Article] This is your MMS thread now! New rule: Only post your own content

Status
Not open for further replies.
And we *need* cholesterol. Well if you want your brain to function anyway. Statins are the fucking devil, and if a book I read awhile back called Overdosing America is to be believed - they are *barely* better than simply changing your diet.
yeah, fuck them statins.

Very nice! @Josh I take it. That is pretty f'n sexy in the techy way. My wife's b-day is coming up. She teaches science, knows all her moon phases and cloud formations and shit. That could be fun AND useful for our watering.
Which model # is that?
Davis Vantage Vue. I got the wifi data logger weather link accessory as well. Davis Instruments is like the gold standard for prosumer weather stations. This one will record stats every 2.5 seconds although I think mine is quicker than that given crazy wind today. I've had the cheaper weather stations, 3 of them in the past. They all malfunctioned in some way within a year, plus they record stats only like every 10 seconds.

Anyway I figured out how to connect my weather station to wunderground.com so it's now reporting there.

• Gravy
  • Love
Reactions: fly and wetwillie
I’m on a statin or two, which is nearly automatic when you have heart attacks. My cholesterol is well within reasonable limits and my arteries etc look great according to the angiogram I had awhile back, but they still prescribed statins.

I don’t care. Last echo and stress test I had, plus scans, say my heart looks better than it did two years ago. That’s enough for me. If I had the years left ahead of me you all have I’d be more concerned about what they’re prescribing.

• Gravy
Reactions: Hoff Kinkmeister
Waaaa

I’m really whiny today again, and hurt like a motherfucker. I’m sick of the tube. My lung may as well be collapsed today as quick as I run out of air.

• Sad
Reactions: fly
210302569image000000.jpg

• Gravy
  • Love
Reactions: wetwillie and fly
Davis Vantage Vue. I got the wifi data logger weather link accessory as well. Davis Instruments is like the gold standard for prosumer weather stations. This one will record stats every 2.5 seconds although I think mine is quicker than that given crazy wind today. I've had the cheaper weather stations, 3 of them in the past. They all malfunctioned in some way within a year, plus they record stats only like every 10 seconds.

Anyway I figured out how to connect my weather station to wunderground.com so it's now reporting there.
That's where I purchased my weather station from. Cheaper than Amazon. I bought the mast from Amazon though.

• Love
Reactions: wetwillie
That's where I purchased my weather station from. Cheaper than Amazon. I bought the mast from Amazon though.
Thanks - seriously going to order one. We live on the highest point of land for a few miles and the weather is often a bit different than what they report for our area. The land fluctuations up/down make for some weird climate stuff - while driving one spot will consistently drop 3-5 degrees on the readout of outside temps, then come back up 1/2 mile later. On calm summer days there often an eagle or two floating that same area up in the sky, not flapping for a minute or two, just cruising an air current.

Thanks - seriously going to order one. We live on the highest point of land for a few miles and the weather is often a bit different than what they report for our area. The land fluctuations up/down make for some weird climate stuff - while driving one spot will consistently drop 3-5 degrees on the readout of outside temps, then come back up 1/2 mile later. On calm summer days there often an eagle or two floating that same area up in the sky, not flapping for a minute or two, just cruising an air current.

Sounds kinda like when the weather is only stormy over the Munster's house to me, Eddie.

If you don't care about internet reporting, remote viewing, or app on your phone you can get the vantage Vue with display console for less than $300. Or buy they weatherlink later.

If you don't care about internet reporting, remote viewing, or app on your phone you can get the vantage Vue with display console for less than $300. Or buy they weatherlink later.

I'd definitely like the remote viewing and would participate in the Internet reporting - I like those group effect things. App on phone - why not? That could certainly make for interesting moments. "Here we are in this downpour 20 miles from home, the weather station reports it's dry AF there. I have to see this shit."
*I'd like to see data from the people that live in that cold "trough" near me.

Status
Not open for further replies.