[Article] This is your MMS thread now! New rule: Only post your own content

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't care about internet reporting, remote viewing, or app on your phone you can get the vantage Vue with display console for less than $300. Or buy they weatherlink later.

You not like mine?

I'd definitely like the remote viewing and would participate in the Internet reporting - I like those group effect things. App on phone - why not? That could certainly make for interesting moments. "Here we are in this downpour 20 miles from home, the weather station reports it's dry AF there. I have to see this shit."
*I'd like to see data from the people that live in that cold "trough" near me.
Yeah it's pretty cool. One note: Davis like every cloud services company these days charges a fee if you want remote/internet reporting faster than 15 minutes. Basic plan is every 15 minutes which is free. 5 minutes or 1 minute updating is like $4 and $8 respectively. Those paid plans also include historical data storage. You can even upgrade somebody's else's weatherstation to report faster which is kinda cool. I haven't yet decided to upgrade.

21030292720210302065039.jpg
@fly above - this is yours? This is the one I considered more colorful. That other one reminded me of an old-school fish finder.
1614781577292.png

That is a terrible adjective to use then, as mine was obviously waaaay more colorful. :lol:
I consider your's cluttered due to the mix of colors - which adds little and takes away much. A box of crayons isn't colorful, a bright yellow dress is. They were trying too hard.
Josh's is bright with color(singular), with the data clearly contrasted against it. imo ;) I suppose Josh's is more retro - like a monochrome monitor.:lol:

I consider your's cluttered due to the mix of colors - which adds little and takes away much. A box of crayons isn't colorful, a bright yellow dress is. They were trying too hard.
Josh's is bright with color(singular), with the data clearly contrasted against it. imo ;) I suppose Josh's is more retro - like a monochrome monitor.:lol:
You did say colorS.

That said, I don't really care. It works great for me. Easy to read, easy to integrate with my home automation, and easy to publish to WUnderground.

I find the Davis display is dated. Backlight can be turned on or off. I keep it off as I don't know if leaving it on all the time would cause it to burn out quicker. Would rather have colors like that accuright or whatever brand that @fly has.

• Haha
Reactions: wetwillie
Status
Not open for further replies.