[Article] This is your MMS thread now! New rule: Only post your own content

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only thing I would do is paint every wall the whitest white and take whatever that is hanging on the wall off. Or I might replace it with a simple Leviathan cross.

Paint is too much for the minimalist lifestyle. Just sit Indian style, throw dinner in a hole in the ground, and eat soup with your fingers.

21012444920210123222606.jpg

You just moving in or something? Place looks utterly bare/lifeless.

Yes, just moved in. Movers stole half our shit. What they didn't steal they broke or irreparably damaged. Family heirloom furniture.We have a bundle of broken table legs. They also highway robbed us. Said they were going to dump our shit on the street if we didn't pay them $3000 more. That brought the bill to nearly $6k. Our close on the condo was the next day and the storage place closed . This move was a 860sqjft condo and a small 1/3 filled storage unit. The arrangement also included 1 month of climate controlled storage in JAX while we looked for a place to live. They brought or shit to New Jersey in non climate controlled conditions. Took them 10 days to get it down here. We for grabbed by the pussy. In litigation now.

The $3000 thing ($2900) was picked up by the postman at the post offioe overhearing us when we went to get a money order. Said he sees it all the time. That was all they accepted. Or cash. Postman said any transactions under $3k (maybe, possibly not remembering the numbers right) were not raising redflags and additonal approval. Fucked in the ass with no lube.

Our neighbors that brought us Indian food earlier put us into a rampage for more Indian food. We went to 3 and they all closed the kitchen even though we got there 15-20 minutes before closing time. Found a pizza place that was closing as well. Talked them into giving us cold to-go slices. We ordered 3 deluxe, and a Detroit pep. They threw in a grandma slice and another Detroit. Score! 1/2 of it is in the oven right now and the other half is for football tomorrow. Victory is mine!

Yes, just moved in. Movers stole half our shit. What they didn't steal they broke or irreparably damaged. Family heirloom furniture.We have a bundle of broken table legs. They also highway robbed us. Said they were going to dump our shit on the street if we didn't pay them $3000 more. That brought the bill to nearly $6k. Our close on the condo was the next day and the storage place closed . This move was a 860sqjft condo and a small 1/3 filled storage unit. The arrangement also included 1 month of climate controlled storage in JAX while we looked for a place to live. They brought or shit to New Jersey in non climate controlled conditions. Took them 10 days to get it down here. We for grabbed by the pussy. In litigation now.

The $3000 thing ($2900) was picked up by the postman at the post offioe overhearing us when we went to get a money order. Said he sees it all the time. That was all they accepted. Or cash. Postman said any transactions under $3k (maybe, possibly not remembering the numbers right) were not raising redflags and additonal approval. Fucked in the ass with no lube.

Holy shit that sucks. Damn. Sounds like they know how to work the system, know what dollar limits they can squeeze and still stay mostly off the radar, etc.

FYI turmeric is great stuff but it'll turn just about anything yellow, even glass. Bleach fixes it though.

I sometimes wonder what Indian colonoscopy prep instructions read like. Red Jello or berry juices maybe not an issue but what about the yellow dust?

Holy shit that sucks. Damn. Sounds like they know how to work the system, know what dollar limits they can squeeze and still stay mostly off the radar, etc.

It was fucking brutal. When we exploded over the audacity of the situation , the head moving douche said to my wife while I was out of earshot, "This is why I only like to deal with rich people." I'm really amazed I didn't assault the guy at that point. He was a crass prick during the whole move which took like 8 hours because he and his crew would simply disappear for hours at a time. The whole situation was insane.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
FYI turmeric is great stuff but it'll turn just about anything yellow, even glass. Bleach fixes it though.

I sometimes wonder what Indian colonoscopy prep instructions read like. Red Jello or berry juices maybe not an issue but what about the yellow dust?

I LOVE yellow Indian chicken thighs.

• Love
Yes I'm sure I'm not the only one who's noticed the less than subtle hints that say "I'm rich".

No big deal to me, man. Came by it honestly more power to you. There have been some info drops that indicate older family member, connections, etc. that indicate nepotism though.
Don't worry your politics will give you cover with the types that might see that as a negative....for a while anyways, LOL.

Yes I'm sure I'm not the only one who's noticed the less than subtle hints that say "I'm rich".

No big deal to me, man. Came by it honestly more power to you. There have been some info drops that indicate older family member, connections, etc. that indicate nepotism though.
Don't worry your politics will give you cover with the types that might see that as a negative....for a while anyways, LOL.
We've been posting with him for damn near decades. We know about his family connections and whatnot. He ain't that person.

• Gravy
Reactions: JAXvillain

I love everyone on here like fam. As @Mr. Asa said, I'm not that guy. Cheers, man.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
We've been posting with him for damn near decades. We know about his family connections and whatnot. He ain't that person.
That's good to know, thanks.
Easy to see when you have damn near decades (almost plural, call it 15-18 years?) of experience with said person.
Knowing he's talking to people he? has not known for "near decades" might require a bit different approach, no?
It's all cool and all, no big deal, just sayin'. A little self-awareness goes a long ways.

I love everyone on here like fam. As @Mr. Asa said, I'm not that guy. Cheers, man.

I get that and cheers to you too, no harm no foul.
I kind of don't get how you could love everyone like fam when you don't know who a bunch of us are, unless you're one of those creepers like @fly , in which case Yay!!! You're probably pretty awesome and have a Frenchman's beard.

That's good to know, thanks.
Easy to see when you have damn near decades (almost plural, call it 15-18 years?) of experience with said person.
Knowing he's talking to people he? has not known for "near decades" might require a bit different approach, no?
It's all cool and all, no big deal, just sayin'. A little self-awareness goes a long ways.
I was mostly commenting on that last line of yours than anything else

• Gravy
I get that and cheers to you too, no harm no foul.
I kind of don't get how you could love everyone like fam when you don't know who a bunch of us are, unless you're one of those creepers like @fly , in which case Yay!!! You're probably pretty awesome and have a Frenchman's beard.

We've had a rough last 8 months between selling our condo with venomous realtors , highway robber movers, job searching, and I unloaded some baggage on my buddies here who know me. You weren't the intended audience. Not exactly sure what triggered you but I had no intention of pissing off the new guys.

Again, cheers.

This is why you have to pay an expensive company that is bonded and insured. The whole moving industry is based around putting people in a bind and then extorting them. They'll pull the shit you went through or cancel last minute with a "referral" to another company that costs thousands more. They change their company name and use rental vehicles. Fly by night pieces of shit. I think is probably "traveller" crews.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Status
Not open for further replies.