[Article] This is your MMS thread now! New rule: Only post your own content

Status
Not open for further replies.
This reminds me of my in-laws. I have them blocked and everybody they know. Little different situation there, seeing as I have zero contact with them and they aren't allowed near my children.

when I was in the hospital still after bb's birth and dealing with her pudding head, she messaged me every couple of hours asking for pictures after I had told her I'd get to stuff when I can & was running on like 3-4 hours of sleep since the night BEFORE I worked all day and then went into labor
Screenshot_20190822-103514_Messenger.jpg

when I was in the hospital still after bb's birth and dealing with her pudding head, she messaged me every couple of hours asking for pictures after I had told her I'd get to stuff when I can & was running on like 3-4 hours of sleep since the night BEFORE I worked all day and then went into labor
View attachment 9261
Is this sms? They have apps that let you put calls and texts from specific people on block with a schedule.

we had the old "if i have any questions, i will ask you" talk when being pestered with unsolicited advice.

we also had to throw out a "look how it turned out for you" comment about how we choose to raise our son, while her son lived at home well into his 30s

I've tried it and she doesn't get it, or rather she's it as an opportunity to guilt me/accuse me of not caring about her or hating her. I've mostly tried to grey rock her, but because of the baby there's no getting around it right now

Just tell her you're not using Facebook for a while as a way to take a break from social media and tell her you'll be using a different platform for messaging and sharing pics. Deactivate FB for a week or two and maybe she will be used to the new method by then.

Honestly if it were me I'd block her on FB when reactivating or right before but I could see why you might not want to do that.
we have mutuals I don't want to have to burn along with her (and who it wouldn't be appropriate to ask to unfriend/block her). she's also not above asking other people "hey, is <august> still posting?" and I don't want to have to put her on blast to everyone. she's so fucking exhausting and jesus christ it's no wonder I'm so fucking anxious all the time & don't know how to communicate like a normal person because I've spent my whole life with this person who is always angling for something

View attachment 9261
Uh, it sounded like a simple request, not a demand. I'm not seeing an issue with this stream of consciousness on her part. She may not have appreciated how wrung out you were feeling with her "not being able to be there". She was excited. Mexican standoff.

Is this sms? They have apps that let you put calls and texts from specific people on block with a schedule.
at the house we just sold (yay) I had no cell service, so all communication was via fb messenger
but also
blocking her on a schedule doesn't help bc her shit will all just come through at the allotted times anyway

Uh, it sounded like a simple request, not a demand. I'm not seeing an issue with this stream of consciousness on her part. She may not have appreciated how wrung out you were feeling and her "not being able to be there". Mexican standoff.
you're not seeing the myriad previous requests of the same thing I had already agreed to & told her I would do
every few hours she would request the same thing
again
and
again
and
again
and hey, soo not trying to bug you but again

or the fact that she also messaged Jason about it
Honestly, yeah - Jason could have leaned in next to you when you were holding the baby and taken a quick selfie. She just wanted to see. A new grandchild is arguably more exciting than the birth of your own child. Someday you'll get that.
#oppositionaldefiance

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
at the house we just sold (yay) I had no cell service, so all communication was via fb messenger
but also
blocking her on a schedule doesn't help bc her shit will all just come through at the allotted times anyway

maybe shes just bored? Needs a hobby?
no idea the situation, but maybe your dad/her husband can shut her up?

Uh, it sounded like a simple request, not a demand. I'm not seeing an issue with this stream of consciousness on her part. She may not have appreciated how wrung out you were feeling with her "not being able to be there". She was excited. Mexican standoff.
this is also how she always frames it - I was JUST asking, I was only asking to be NICE, because I CARE, I only messaged other people because I was WORRIED, etc
I know you don't know bc I'm only sharing bits and pieces, but after a lifetime of dealing with this woman, I promise you that while it WAS a simple request, the event was loaded because it was her not relenting until she gets what she wants

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
Honestly, yeah - Jason could have leaned in next to you when you were holding the baby and taken a quick selfie. She just wanted to see. A new grandchild is arguably more exciting than the birth of your own child. Someday you'll get that.
#oppositionaldefiance
I had sent her several pictures of the baby by then and had been in contact with her - she had a very specific picture in mind (all three of us. not a selfie) and ignored that I explained it would take arranging to do and also that I had no desire to appear in pictures after a traumatic birth & days in hospital in a hospital gown with a split gooch, no sleep, and a fragile baby that was feeding on my raw bleeding nips every hour or so AND that despite all that, I agreed to do it and just hadn't gotten to it yet

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
My biggest problem with my parents is having to tell them to quit buying my kids junk food and cheap toys. The rule is get a toy, give a toy. And I cookie not a whole damn sleeve of Oreos.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
maybe shes just bored? Needs a hobby?
no idea the situation, but maybe your dad/her husband can shut her up?
in what should be a surprise to nobody,
she and my bio d divorced when I was 3
and
she is also separated from my dad that raised me (they split AT my first wedding)
don't worry, they both were/are awful in their own ways

Status
Not open for further replies.