This is NOT a Battlefield 2 thread.

bast_imret

Erect Member
Oct 26, 2004
5,219
39
41
Marklar
₥157
nice headsets! too bad i hopped on tonight right after you got done playing :(

ok, so here's a question. I was doing a bit better tonight, rocking as a medic. So on one map we get pinned down in last spawn point. I switch to a sniper, and go prone in some tall grass peeking out of a gated entrance to the base watching for enemies to come over the bridge. Sure enough, here comes a tank, followed by a jeep. I sit still, waiting for the tank to roll by, hoping to get a shot at the driver of the jeep. Suddenly the tank stops, turns, and blasts me with the gun from a pretty good distance away. How the fuck did he know I was sitting right there?? It amazes me how I can think I'm pretty well hidden in varous areas in maps, and people still pick me out and blow me away.

I'm also continuously amazed at peoples skills with the jets. I started my own local server to play around with them, and can't hit a target while staying airborne to save my life. It always feels like I'm flying by way too fast.
 

APRIL

Feel Free to Pee on Me
Sep 30, 2004
103,360
38,053
1,823
Houston
Marklar
₥59,346
bast_imret said:
nice headsets! too bad i hopped on tonight right after you got done playing :(

ok, so here's a question. I was doing a bit better tonight, rocking as a medic. So on one map we get pinned down in last spawn point. I switch to a sniper, and go prone in some tall grass peeking out of a gated entrance to the base watching for enemies to come over the bridge. Sure enough, here comes a tank, followed by a jeep. I sit still, waiting for the tank to roll by, hoping to get a shot at the driver of the jeep. Suddenly the tank stops, turns, and blasts me with the gun from a pretty good distance away. How the fuck did he know I was sitting right there?? It amazes me how I can think I'm pretty well hidden in varous areas in maps, and people still pick me out and blow me away.

I'm also continuously amazed at peoples skills with the jets. I started my own local server to play around with them, and can't hit a target while staying airborne to save my life. It always feels like I'm flying by way too fast.


Let off the gas a little. :p

I don't know how they see you so quickly either. Being silly I try to sit as still as possible and I still get blasted away. Once they have you in thier crosshairs your red name will be exposed. :sigh:
 

bast_imret

Erect Member
Oct 26, 2004
5,219
39
41
Marklar
₥157
April23 said:
Let off the gas a little. :p

I don't know how they see you so quickly either. Being silly I try to sit as still as possible and I still get blasted away. Once they have you in thier crosshairs your red name will be exposed. :sigh:

yea, but that's just it, they weren't even facing me, I was sitting perpendicular to their path. The tank just stopped, swiveled, and ripped me open with the gun :confused:

But yea, I have much respect for a guy zipping by in a plane that can see my little ass runnin across an open area, quickly let loose a few rounds into my head, and fly off on his intended path. If I get into the planes and helos seriosly at some point, I'll probably need to get a joystick.
 

bast_imret

Erect Member
Oct 26, 2004
5,219
39
41
Marklar
₥157
oh, and a funny moment from last night, playing medic. Dude in base dies as we are defending. Enemies dead, so I go and defib a teammate, and right as I do, one of our guys who just hopped back in a tank backs over us. Well, he's a medic too, so he hops out, defibs me and the other guy, says Sorry, and hops back in the tank at which point a stalled out chopper proceeds to fall right ontop of the tank, killing all 3 of us, while we watch another teammate parachute to the ground, apologizing over chat for his crappy flying skillz cause he stalled the chopper :lol:
 

my little brony

Keep Being A Little Bitch
Oct 15, 2004
34,953
18,766
823
Marklar
₥21,493
bast_imret said:
yea, but that's just it, they weren't even facing me, I was sitting perpendicular to their path. The tank just stopped, swiveled, and ripped me open with the gun :confused:

But yea, I have much respect for a guy zipping by in a plane that can see my little ass runnin across an open area, quickly let loose a few rounds into my head, and fly off on his intended path. If I get into the planes and helos seriosly at some point, I'll probably need to get a joystick.
every now and then glance up at the sky. if you see one of these little fuckers flying around, they know exactly where you are.

uav_predator_hellfire.jpg



you can shoot down UAVs, btw
 

APRIL

Feel Free to Pee on Me
Sep 30, 2004
103,360
38,053
1,823
Houston
Marklar
₥59,346
bast_imret said:
yea, but that's just it, they weren't even facing me, I was sitting perpendicular to their path. The tank just stopped, swiveled, and ripped me open with the gun :confused:

But yea, I have much respect for a guy zipping by in a plane that can see my little ass runnin across an open area, quickly let loose a few rounds into my head, and fly off on his intended path. If I get into the planes and helos seriosly at some point, I'll probably need to get a joystick.



Ooohhh they probably saw you on the UAV. That radar that points out all the opposing players.

I finally learned how to fly the planes and helicopters... adds a nice new twist to the game.
 

APRIL

Feel Free to Pee on Me
Sep 30, 2004
103,360
38,053
1,823
Houston
Marklar
₥59,346
FlyNavy said:
every now and then glance up at the sky. if you see one of these little fuckers flying around, they know exactly where you are.

uav_predator_hellfire.jpg



you can shoot down UAVs, btw


Or wreck into them with a plane. :fly:
 

bast_imret

Erect Member
Oct 26, 2004
5,219
39
41
Marklar
₥157
FlyNavy said:
every now and then glance up at the sky. if you see one of these little fuckers flying around, they know exactly where you are.

uav_predator_hellfire.jpg



you can shoot down UAVs, btw

yea, I know about that, cause I keep an eye on my map for when my commanders set one off. But even then, I can be staring right in the direction of a red dot in the middle of my viewing range on my minimap, and still not see the person sometimes. You gotta hover on them for a couple seconds before their name (enemies) will show up on your screen. Guess I'll get better with more practice.
 

my little brony

Keep Being A Little Bitch
Oct 15, 2004
34,953
18,766
823
Marklar
₥21,493
use N to resize your minimap

sometimes it may look like a dude is right in front of you but until you zoom the map in all the way you won't see that he's on the other side of a hill or something

I just woke up from a weird dream where I was chasing a purple horse through the woods in the dark and I found myself in a field where I looked up and saw a helicopter fall from the sky. all this was after I set that horse and other horses free after they pulled an oversized middle-ages style cart that had metal wheels on it. I can't remember what happened immediately before but it was equally as strange and the part about the woods and field was actually a continuation of last night's dream where I went through that to get home but this time I was going back because that stupid horse wouldn't listen to me


:confused: