This is NOT a Battlefield 2 thread.

What about using a well equipped flight joystick with one of the Nostromo n52 Speedpads? I've got the speedpad, and though I haven't used it in awhile, I thought it was great in FPS games once you got your keys mapped and memorized. Bit of a learning curve there though.

Anyway, for all you non believers:

pwnt.JPG

Oh, and Rosie says:

headshot.JPG

As for proof of my prior engagement, well I think if I posted pics of that, Sarcasmo's head would explode (interpret as you will) :fly:

The reason behind a separate throttle and stick are being able to them on each side of the mouse keyboard. That way when I jump into a plane/helo/hoverjet my hands just naturally slide to the flight controls. I've currently got a Logitech stick with the throttle at the base and it's awkward to work it while manuevering, the X52 would solve that.

Some say it's just as good to fly in BF2 with the mouse and keyboad but you really do not know what you are missing until you try a good joystick.

Hay mister, get your hands off my throttle and stick!

Yea, back when I was playing the crap out of the BF1942 Demo, I was using an old joystick (that my dad used to use for playing Falcon 3.0 and A-10 Tank Killer) for flying the planes. Liked it alot better than the M/K.

Hopefully I can get some time to install it tonight. Gotta bunch of stuff to do around the house though to prepare for a dinner party Thursday night, so dunno if I'll get any play time in.

bast_imret said:
Anyway, for all you non believers:

pwnt.JPG

CD? How many are there? That game is like huge and stuff.

bast_imret said:
As for proof of my prior engagement, well I think if I posted pics of that, Sarcasmo's head would explode (interpret as you will) :fly:

:fly:

KNYTE said:
Whores!

Oh well, no need for the Physcard now.

I dont know about these PHYSX cards...currently there almost $300 for a 128mb card...there is already plans for a 512mb and 1gb version.

I downloaded this Microsoft Robotics programming kit and it had an Ageia PhysX demo test application. I had NO LAG what so ever on my system runnign the test wiht out a physx card. :-/ I played alot of that Tom Clancy game trying to blow stuff up and make things crash into others...all worked fine...so i'm not sure if the physx card would take that to the next level and acutally have items destruct inot the pieces that comprise it? Thats what i would think cause i read about being able to take down complete buildings and have flying shrapnel injure you!?!? I'm thinking next year will be the time to try a physx card..if they are still around.

Flamer McDickchugger said:
CD? How many are there? That game is like huge and stuff.

I think there's like 5 of them. 4 for the game and a 5th for the SF expansion.

ceiling fly said:
omg, you must download xfire bast!

baby, you know I will :cool:

Now go and buy some headphones with a mic you cheap bastard! :heart:

ceiling fly said:
Yeah, I think it was MaxPC where I read that there was virtually NO difference between GRAW with a PhysX card and without.
Yes i saw that article as well from a guy at work...which made me get that game LOL

On a sider note...pc game makers need to stop making games so compatible with so many computers...the reason xbox360 looks better than some/most of the pc games these days is the coders cant utilize all the latest hardware cause then most of the market cant play it unless they upgrade...and...unlike most people, I've ALWAYS upgraded my computer just to play 1 game LMAO...

For example
1992ish...
Started wiht a Compaq Presario 425 (486 sx25mhz, 2mb ram, 10mb harddrive) = $1100
wolfenstein shareware edition - $4 from walmart on 1 3.5" disks
it played, but kinda slow...so...
4mb simm = $180 and the greatest playing game i've ever seen!

1994ish
Same computer, but now Doom is out and damn it looks bloody...i downloaded the 8x 1.44mb RiSE release via a 9600bps modem vrom a BBS for 3x 6 hour evenings...turned out the cpu is to slow...harddrive to small...and i need more ram....so....
14.4kb modem = $80
486DX100 overdrive chip = $210
8mb simm = $100 from a BBS operator who worked for a fire rescue company that stripped computer parts..same with below...saved me 3/4 of the price of new!
210mb harddrive = $100
~$400 to play a free game. LMAO

1996ish
Dual CPU Pentium Pro 200mhz, 512mb ram, 4gb harddrive, 4mb Matrox Millenium video card = $2800
6 months later Quake is released and WOOOAH THIS GAME LOOKS AMAZING!! But...sure could use more memories.... $400 for 2 more 256mb ECC dimms and DAAAANG playing at 800x600 now! Greatest looking game ever....

1997ish
Quake 2 and 3D Graphics add-on cards are released
PowerVR = $250...pretty cool, but not as good as imagined, returned 26 days later to CompUSA.
Voodoo 4mb =$275 BLEW THE PANTS off that PowerVR card!! now to play some games :D

1998 Voodoo2 and SLI are introduced to the general public...boasting a top resolution of 1024x768 HOLE FAAAK I NEED 2 OF THOSE....$600 later, i am playing quake2 at 70-90frames/second @ 1024x768 and learning a crap load about how to increase frame rates and change quality and learned that clean proper drivers are crucial in 3d gaming! :D

1999 Nvidia steps up the 3d performance game with the Geforce 256 destroying everything else on the market! Had to have it for $480 Quake 2 @1280x1024 = 140fps!

2001...Nvidia moves way ahead wiht the Geforce3 series...and since GPU is getting so strong the CPU needs to catch up a bit. Liquid nitrogen cooled computers are a reality! Overclocking an AMD 400mhz to a religiously selected 420mhz was ok for the past year, so now its time to take a new 650mhz chip and overclock it to almost 1ghz running at -40' celcius! :eek: Quake 3 Arena is the must play game of the time and Yup...got that mobo/case/cpu for $1800...Blew the pants off any setup that i/anyone around me had...Liquid Nitrogen, a Geforce3 and quake 1 = 360 frames/second time demo test! :eek: quake 2 = 180-200fps and quake 3 60-80fps at 1280x1024! Sold that whole setup and made a cool $400 over the cost of the parts ;) Hrmmm...maybe i should start selling computers :D

From then until about 2 years ago i got a full new system every 3-6 months by selling my setup to someone i knew who was uber impressed and used their money to buy me the new stuff :)

Last year BF2 came out...my Pentium 4 3.0ghz, 1gb ram, and agp Geforce FX just wasnt cutting it any more...managed to trade that seutp for the new athlon 3500+, asus a8n sli deluxe mtoherboard and got 2x geforce 6600gt to run in sli mode. HOT DAMN now thats a boost in performance and bf2 is running awesome, but cant run everythin in HIGH at 1600x1200 like i want :( GRRRRRR.....so 7 months of using that setup and i got to trade my 2x 6600 for 2x 7800gtx with work :eek: Now we're talking!!! ULTRA high quality setting at 1600x1200 and i'm sitting at 75-100fps. My problem now...no one to sell my hardware to in order to get the new geforce 7950 ultra 2 cards in one crap....oh well...i'm happy with how the computer runs now ;)

moral of the story....up until xbox 360 there was NO console that could come any where close to looking as good as the computer was! If you thought playstation, nintendo 64, playstation 2, gamecube, xbox console was better, yu never saw a real pc playing games. :( I'm sorry for you...but today with HDTV and a powerful gpu, xbox 360 developers have ALOT of hardware to utilize in their game writing and hot damn these games are looking real good! on the PC side there is at least 4 years worth of "gaming" hardware still being used and developers are needign to water down their graphics in order to get the most accross the board sales cause, unfortunately, most of the computer consumer world isnt dumb like me and want to have the latest and greatest hardware just to play one game. :(

This PHYSX card sure could be the next big gaming card, but i dont personally think it's goign to take off as far as those would hope..i'm thinking wtih the new duo core 2 chips, and then this winter seeing Intel's new Quad Core CPU, there wont be much need for a PHYSX card because of all the extra unused process time unless you want to extend the life of an old computer maybe???

Knyte, that system will be awesome!! Except i would go faster on the cpu cause they just cut amd cpu prices in half because of intel's new duo core2 chip! keep your eyes out for the new chips and new prices!!

The other thing about that video is i dont think any of that is real gameplay footage :( all pre-rendered movies running off scripts using the 3d engine :( i hate companies that do that...xbox360 and ps3 have been getting introuble big time for releasing game photos and footage of up coming games, then when the game is out, it looks NOTHING like the preview footage that was released. :(

Last edited:
Ok, I am installed, loaded up, and ready to kick some ass! Played a bit tonight to work out my video settings, and it brought back fond memories of BF1942. Can't wait to start playing!

Oh, and xfire is installed as well.

BTW, which patch, if any, should I install??? :confused:

Last edited:
bast_imret said:
Ok, I am installed, loaded up, and ready to kick some ass! Played a bit tonight to work out my video settings, and it brought back fond memories of BF1942. Can't wait to start playing!

Oh, and xfire is installed as well.

BTW, which patch, if any, should I install??? :confused:
1.3 is what you need. I got your xfire added. Im sure we'll be playing tonite.

No, not playing on a laptop, that's just where I set the box for the pic. The laptop could probably run it if not for the shitty integrated graphics chip.

I thought I remembered hearing lots of bad things about the 1.3 patch. Crashes galore.

I'll see if I can get on tonight. JJ's gonna have me slaving away around the house, and not in a good S&M kinda way :(

bast_imret said:
No, not playing on a laptop, that's just where I set the box for the pic. The laptop could probably run it if not for the shitty integrated graphics chip.

I thought I remembered hearing lots of bad things about the 1.3 patch. Crashes galore.

I'll see if I can get on tonight. JJ's gonna have me slaving away around the house, and not in a good S&M kinda way :(

Ya the patch sucks. :(

baaaaah

What's your preferred kit? I like engineers, though I need to spend some time playing around with a few of the others that weren't in 1942.