theac or another sound person

I just got this back from another friend in the biz

Except the way I read the manual, the speaker is configured to handle pro/consumer level output gear. What he said makes sense though, but it doesn't seem to jive with the specs. Who knows, its worth a shot. The manual may just be crap.

I do agree with him that if you really like doing this, you need to start looking into getting a pro level mixer. Running everything XLR just solves so many headaches like this.

agree on many counts.

first, adapters are a MUST for a working DJ. I keep a "bag of tricks" that I take to gigs to troubleshoot input/output issues.

second, vestax's are good mixers (i have one) but any kind of regular club gig usually needs more channels than what you might consider a "battle mixer" has. my behringer was like 169 bucks. 5 channels, xlr and rca outs, and a sub specific out.

i'm no techie tho as is well established. it was years before I could hook all my stuff up in less than an hour. used to have to keep little pieces of tape labeled on the cords so I could remem where everything went. :waw:

agree on many counts.

first, adapters are a MUST for a working DJ. I keep a "bag of tricks" that I take to gigs to troubleshoot input/output issues.

second, vestax's are good mixers (i have one) but any kind of regular club gig usually needs more channels than what you might consider a "battle mixer" has. my behringer was like 169 bucks. 5 channels, xlr and rca outs, and a sub specific out.

i'm no techie tho as is well established. it was years before I could hook all my stuff up in less than an hour. used to have to keep little pieces of tape labeled on the cords so I could remem where everything went. :waw:
Yes, a bag of audio adapters, line pads, gaff tape, and extension cords is a must.

I'd move away from Behringers and move to Mackie or Yamaha. That's just my experience.

Yeah Behringer is a cloning company. I have a 12 channel studio mixer by them that is flimsy at best. Their version of the Pioneer DJM800 only allows for the simultaneous running of two channels on a "4 channel" mixer.

I think they make knock off Calloway clubs and Louis Vuitton bags as well.

:lol:

i love reading the sound guy shit. used to mess with it in hs, but it was on the sound reinforcement side. the last big piece of gear i got to play with was a Delta 200 board.

Yeah Behringer is a cloning company. I have a 12 channel studio mixer by them that is flimsy at best. Their version of the Pioneer DJM800 only allows for the simultaneous running of two channels on a "4 channel" mixer.

yeah, and there's a little vietnamese lady sewing kangaroos on hats in the back.

not entirely...he's still going from 1/4 to xlr and maybe over-complicating things by throwing another board in the middle to accomplish such

Its not about connector type and much as it is moving from -10 dBV to +4 dBu (ie the pad that shawn's friend talked about). The fact the mixer adds another gain stage in the chain doesn't hurt either.