Food The Vagatarian Thread

Asian? No not where I go.
It's a Newfie shop. Good ole Canadians.
Fish is flown in from the east coast for high end restaurants.
Next time you're in there, pick up a couple Tunnock's Tea Cakes. Literally the best snack on earth.

You mean world market?

Our neighbor is contantly talking about that place. ive n ever been

We've got one. It's like Poverty Pier One Imports with an expired foods section. expired like the stuff you'd find at TJmaxx/Marshalls. (no fresh foods)

You CAN find the occasional rug or generally poorly made unique furniture piece, but if it's going to get 'normal' wear and tear, it's probably a good idea shop elsewhere.

We've got one. It's like Poverty Pier One Imports with an expired foods section. expired like the stuff you'd find at TJmaxx/Marshalls. (no fresh foods)

You CAN find the occasional rug or generally poorly made unique furniture piece, but if it's going to get 'normal' wear and tear, it's probably a good idea shop elsewhere.

yeah, that sounds baout right.

I wonder what a 52 year old clam tastes like...
blanchereaction001.gif

it's nice that you care about the well being of the animals, i applaud you for that. It is important.

However, it's more important in my opinion, that we look into the well being of the people growing and harvesting our crops, making sure they are being properly compensating for their backbreaking labour.
Well most of the crops are grown for the farmed animals.

And the workers treated really horribly are the slaughter house workers.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
Playing Pescatarian has made me pretty friggin sick. Like, my body feels like the strength of a noodle.
Fuck all that.

Back to meat, I go.
wow, i feel the complete opposite.
i feel better and I'm super excited about the no bloat feeling.

i eat fish 3x a week and full vegetarian otherwise.

i don't feel sluggish at all.... :iono:

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
Playing Pescatarian has made me pretty friggin sick. Like, my body feels like the strength of a noodle.
Fuck all that.

Back to meat, I go.
You may just need to eat more food in general. People often don't realize how much more other food they have to eat to make up for the dense calories of the meat they've given up. Maybe try tracking your food for a week on chronometer and see what's up.

wow, i feel the complete opposite.
i feel better and I'm super excited about the no bloat feeling.

i eat fish 3x a week and full vegetarian otherwise.

i don't feel sluggish at all.... :iono:
No, it's the complete lack of heme iron.
I cannot absorb iron another way. No supplements help. I've been thru several blood infusions in my 20's & just thought that all these years I was fine. But, I was mainly. Until I stop eating meat. Now, I 've to struggle so hard to get back to feeling ok, & it's been a long haul already.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
You may just need to eat more food in general. People often don't realize how much more other food they have to eat to make up for the dense calories of the meat they've given up. Maybe try tracking your food for a week on chronometer and see what's up.
Tried that

I cannot absorb iron another way. No supplements help. I've been thru several blood infusions in my 20's & just thought that all these years I was fine. But, I was mainly. Until I stop eating meat. Now, I 've to struggle so hard to get back to feeling ok, & it's been a long haul already.
I hope you feel better soon.

Ah that makes sense!
I take my iron supplements so for me so far it's been ok.
I load up on kale, strawberries and spinach as well

Sent from the white knuckle grip of my Lord & Saviour, CEO

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
Fuck all that.

Back to meat, I go.
That's weird. fish is a high quality source of lean protein and that style is usually fairly well rounded. You mention heme iron deficiency, but oysters and clams contain very high levels.

That's weird. fish is a high quality source of lean protein and that style is usually fairly well rounded. You mention heme iron deficiency, but oysters and clams contain very high levels.
It's not HEME iron. I thought I would be fine without it, but I'm not.

• Gravy
It's not HEME iron. I thought I would be fine without it, but I'm not.
Before I say this, you do whatever makes you feel healthy and gives you the energy you need.

Iron-Rich Foods
Very good sources of heme iron, with 3.5 milligrams or more per serving, include:

• 3 ounces of beef or chicken liver
  • 3 ounces of clams, mollusks, or mussels
  • 3 ounces of oysters
Good sources of heme iron, with 2.1 milligrams or more per serving, include:

• 3 ounces of cooked beef
  • 3 ounces of canned sardines, canned in oil
Other sources of heme iron, with 0.7 milligrams or more per serving, include:

• 3 ounces of chicken
  • 3 ounces of cooked turkey
  • 3 ounces of halibut, haddock, perch, salmon, or tuna
  • 3 ounces of ham
  • 3 ounces of veal
Other sources of heme iron, with 0.3 milligrams or more per serving, include:

• 3 ounces of halibut, haddock, perch, salmon, or tuna
http://www.webmd.com/diet/iron-rich-foods#1

Ah that makes sense!

You are SO lucky!! I learned that my beloved spinach actually hinders the absorption of iron because of the type of acids it contains. So, I quit that last week. The severe deficiency didn't show up until recently, btw. And I've been doing this "hardly to no meat" thing for almost a year. So, be careful, cuz you've been thru some sicknesses that could have altered your gut & the ease of absorption.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Ah that makes sense!

Here's a list of some pescetarian-friendly foods high in iron.

Shrimp
Clams
Scallops
Oysters

Tuna
Sardines
Haddock
Mackerel

Spinach
Sweet potatoes
Peas
Broccoli
String beans

Beet greens
Dandelion greens
Collards
Kale
Chard

Strawberries
Watermelon
Raisins
Dates
Figs NOT ON PIZZA THO

Prunes
Prune juice
Dried apricots
Dried peaches

Tofu
Beans (kidney, garbanzo, or white, canned)
Tomato products (e.g., paste)
Dried peas
Dried beans
Lentils
Corn syrup
Maple syrup
Molasses