GAY The Useless Travel Thread

How often are you worrying about the flu?
DEpends on time of year. I like this whole mask thing, now I can wear one in winter and be fashionable AND socially concious. Who wants to breath cold air anyway. "Cold Air" - hahahaha.
Add: and I get the flu shot most years.

masks are fuckin great when its 15 degrees and sleeting outside.

Not that taht happens often in maryland, but i sure did appreciate my beard not turning into an icicle the few times it did

So the Honeywell rental code that I used for cheap rental cars got axed. That means I had to find a new one. So now I have business cards on the way that say I work for the University of Wisconsin! :lol:
lol let me know if you need anything local to maintain this ruse

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
DEpends on time of year. I like this whole mask thing, now I can wear one in winter and be fashionable AND socially concious. Who wants to breath cold air anyway. "Cold Air" - hahahaha.
Add: and I get the flu shot most years.
But just generally, you don't. We just realize its cold and flu season, get the optional vaccine, and continue on with our lives without a care in the world. Statistically, that's essentially where the vaccinated are with COVID. There's currently zero reason to change (pre-pandemic) habits. You're going to come in contact with it, repeatedly over the coming years, and its not going to matter.

If you still want to do those pandemic things, obviously no one is stopping you - even if its illogical. :p

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
So the Honeywell rental code that I used for cheap rental cars got axed. That means I had to find a new one. So now I have business cards on the way that say I work for the University of Wisconsin! :lol:
I see you've stepped firmly into the territory of Fraud.

But just generally, you don't. We just realize its cold and flu season, get the optional vaccine, and continue on with our lives without a care in the world.
that might be true for some people, but it's not necessarily true for everyone. we try to be appropriately cautious all the time and good about hand washing & hygiene, but we definitely take extra precautions during flu season (both at my clinic and in my own personal life).

• Gravy
that might be true for some people, but it's not necessarily true for everyone. we try to be appropriately cautious all the time and good about hand washing & hygiene, but we definitely take extra precautions during flu season (both at my clinic and in my own personal life).
And thats great. You should do that. But I'm guessing you don't normally do pandemic level stuff like wearing a mask in public or avoiding large events due to fear of contracting the flu.

And thats great. You should do that. But I'm guessing you don't normally do pandemic level stuff like wearing a mask in public or avoiding large events due to fear of contracting the flu.
Screenshot_20210910-133300_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20210910-133132_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20210910-132914_Facebook.jpg

the first one is at work in a lab so that is kind of cheating. the second is at home but wasn't related specifically to flu, the third is at work in an office (but at a clinic). I haven't documented every time I've masked up, but I have done it & will continue to do it. I haven't done it perpetually in public during every flu season, but that's mostly been because of public perception, not because I haven't wanted to. and I've definitely avoided events because of the flu or other illness, though obviously my fears are further exacerbated now by having a kid. but the flu is also slightly different in that there's less asymptomatic spread (not least of which because symptom onset is generally shorter), so a room full of seemingly healthy individuals isn't the same degree of gamble that COVID is.

• Gravy
Reactions: Peppers and fly
Or you know, look at every asian country out there where its just a basic courtesy to wear a mask because thinking about others is socially encouraged.
I'm certainly not suggesting that people shouldn't mask up if they want to. All I'm saying is that whatever 'extra' precautions you may have taken during the pandemic are no longer necessary.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
but the flu is also slightly different in that there's less asymptomatic spread (not least of which because symptom onset is generally shorter), so a room full of seemingly healthy individuals isn't the same degree of gamble that COVID is.
Totally agree with all of that. The one difference seems to be that the risk of complications is quite a bit higher for flu than for COVID to a vaccinated person.

disability sucks. I get you.

But.... even without masks do you know how to lipread?
even if you don't know how to fully lip-read, being able to see the lips can still help a lot if you can't make something out - it's not that you're hearing nothing, it's that the sound alone isn't always distinguishable from similar sounds. you have to lean a lot on context where you can, but being able to see what the mouth is doing helps you decode the input.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum and Domon
I went to three stores, wore a mask in all. Was going to get a haircut but nobody was masked. I decided I would go home and cut it myself. Then the wife will touch it up and it will be fine.
You probably have the same feeling regarding banging with strange people, " just a statistic, fuck it." I've lived 16-17 years longer than you iirc, , my illogical leeryiness seems to be working good. You know, I probably don't vomit more than once every 6-8 years. I take no shots, I take no meds. Seems logical to continue as I am - appears to be working.
The woman I dated before my wife - we split because she was unwilling for us to go for some STD testing together - my treat.

I went to three stores, wore a mask in all. Was going to get a haircut but nobody was masked. I decided I would go home and cut it myself. Then the wife will touch it up and it will be fine.
You probably have the same feeling regarding banging with strange people, " just a statistic, fuck it." I've lived 16-17 years longer than you iirc, , my illogical leeryiness seems to be working good. You know, I probably don't vomit more than once every 6-8 years. I take no shots, I take no meds. Seems logical to continue as I am - appears to be working.
The woman I dated before my wife - we split because she was unwilling for us to go for some STD testing together - my treat.
He just said, "you do you", and you're trying to come down on him for it?

Hory Sheet.

• Gravy