GAY The Useless Travel Thread

i’ve booked Peru for May 6 with Kiko and in thinking of taking Apple with me. i’ve never traveled with a pet so not sure how this will work.

we are possibly traveling to Machu Picchu again so i’d have to find someone to watch her for a few days while we travel up there.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
i’ve booked Peru for May 6 with Kiko and in thinking of taking Apple with me. i’ve never traveled with a pet so not sure how this will work.

we are possibly traveling to Machu Picchu again so i’d have to find someone to watch her for a few days while we travel up there.
Don’t. When you go from country to country you have to quarantine your pet before the other country will let them in and then the same coming back. Which is putting them into a holding facility for observation. Depending on the country it’s anywhere from 30 days to 6 months. Since is South America I’m willing to bet it’s on the high side. The only country you can travel to with no real restrictions is the US. For that you only need proof of shots and pay an inspection fee.

Don’t. When you go from country to country you have to quarantine your pet before the other country will let them in and then the same coming back. Which is putting them into a holding facility for observation. Depending on the country it’s anywhere from 30 days to 6 months. Since is South America I’m willing to bet it’s on the high side. The only country you can travel to with no real restrictions is the US. For that you only need proof of shots and pay an inspection fee.

what?!
my vet sent us the paperwork and she says i have to take her to get checked 14 days before XXX date the 10’days before flight date

we take Apples papers to some agency where it gets stamped and we present them at the airport

each country has different restrictions as we looked into Peru and Italy cuz that where is we would most likely travel the most with her.

peru seems to want more shots and specific documents but nothing about her being quarantined

Kikos gramma travels with her yorkie all over and he’s never been quarantined
i shall investigate further

what?!
my vet sent us the paperwork and she says i have to take her to get checked 14 days before XXX date the 10’days before flight date

we take Apples papers to some agency where it gets stamped and we present them at the airport

each country has different restrictions as we looked into Peru and Italy cuz that where is we would most likely travel the most with her.

peru seems to want more shots and specific documents but nothing about her being quarantined

I wouldn't take her unless you can keep her with you on the plane, like one of those spirit animal helpers.
Not in a cage in the luggage hold, lot of them die down there and even if they don't will come out traumatized.

what?!

Yes look into it. Some countries it’s nothing. Some it’s a crazy long time.

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh
I wouldn't take her unless you can keep her with you on the plane, like one of those spirit animal helpers.
Not in a cage in the luggage hold, lot of them die down there and even if they don't will come out traumatized.

she’s 3lbs
she would go in the cabin with me
air canada says as long as she and her carrier are under 18bs she can stay with me so i’m covered there