Baby The Talk

We've gradually explained about sex and babies (how they are made and stuff). He's asked so many questions about babies and why we cannot have more that we've explained some. I really am not sure if we've gone as far as the penis in the vagina part yet (he knows that the guys put the seed in the girls at least), but I wouldn't think it's bad for a 9yo to know the truth. I think here we get the sex ed stuff in 4th grade but not sure. I'll have to ask parents at school. We're just finishing 2nd now and he's only 8 so I think we have a couple years. I'd rather tell my kid before he goes to class though just so he's not surprised by anything.
Yeah kiko knew the basics but last night we got a little more detailed and it wasn't as smooth as I had hoped for lol
We have a GREAT BOOK that we started reading that too and it's helped

He cried? The poor kid lol, but I wouldn't worry about it, he'll be fine. Just a paradigm shift for him, and just guessing, he probably doesn't hate the drama...kik's son...

I wouldn't bring it up again, either. Kids ask when their curious, so just answering what they ask without adding anything further is what "they" recommend. (The whole banana/pear thing seems like it would hurt the poor pear. Maybe a donut would have been an easier envision ;) )

Plus the whole size thing with bananas lol. He'll be fine, I agree with Ozteez on this one, but put some tissues in kiko's room for god's sake.
HES TOO FUCKING YOUNG TO BE MOLESTING HIMSELF!!!!!!

FFS. Fruits???

Not really going out on a limb here, but it doesn't sound like those 'terms' made anything better. Honestly, And mentally I'm fairly qualified to try to interpret things as a 9yr old boy :lol:, I can NOT imagine your fruit scenario without severe destruction of said fruit. That said, your kid is probably never going to get a chick pregnant at a young age simply because he doesn't want to wreck his junk.

Kiko, you pee with your penis, right? In the toilet. No big deal, right? It's something that your penis does. It's like how it works. Girls do it with their vagina. Different shape, but same result. It's how we both go to the bathroom several times a day. No big deal going to the bathroom, right? Boys and Girls do it. Men and women do it. Regular stuff. Eating, drinking, pooping, peeing, wiping your mouth, wiping your butt, showering to keep clean, we both do regular stuff.

[ Pee does NOT come out of a banana or a pear. :mad: Now you know where nightmares come from. Good going. :lol: ]

[Where babies come from:] The penis and vagina ALSO do other stuff. Like how your mouth tastes and feels things, but it's big job is getting nutrition into your body so you have energy. When two people really love each other they can decide to share something really cool together. The man puts his penis in the womans vagina. Then, sperm comes out of penis and sometimes it connects with a little egg in the woman and a little baby starts to grow in the woman. That's how babies start.

I told halfpint this while we were driving somewhere. It literally took less than 4 minutes. It was no big deal, she was half paying attention, asked a couple questions that were easily BRIEFLY answered and then we were back to talking about horses.

Make it no big deal. Do you cook with him? Play cards with him? THAT's when you have 'the talk.' There's no "I want to talk with you about something earth shattering and so serious that I need your full attention like when we talk about Stranger Danger or what to do in a weather emergency. It's THAT SERIOS." You don't want to scare the shit out of him. Hopefully.

tl/dr cliffs: Do you want to mash your banana or bruise her pear? How does that sound? Does that sound like something good? Exactly.
Oh for fucks sakes Amstel he was just too shy to say VAGINA and said mama can we call it come thing else?
I said sure. What do you want to call it and he blurted out PEAR!
I wasn't going to sit there and go WELLLLLLL I DONT WANT TO RUIN FRUITS FOR YOU

as soon as he called it "pear" he was able to talk about it with me with out feeling shy. The word pear is irrelevant... He was able to open up and that's what I was trying to accomplish

I can't be the only one here who thinks 9 is a little bit young, no? They're curious at that age but still a couple years away from puberty. I don't know anyone who got an erection or menstruation at 9.

At that age, "health class" should be making sure they brush their teeth. Wash their hands after they shit and before they eat.

The sex stuff usually starts around 11-12.

I can't be the only one here who thinks 9 is a little bit young, no? They're curious at that age but still a couple years away from puberty. I don't know anyone who got an erection or menstruation at 9.

At that age, "health class" should be making sure they brush their teeth. Wash their hands after they shit and before they eat.

The sex stuff usually starts around 11-12.

Sure Ward.

wardcleaver.jpg

Oh for fucks sakes Amstel he was just too shy to say VAGINA and said mama can we call it come thing else?
I said sure. What do you want to call it and he blurted out PEAR!
I wasn't going to sit there and go WELLLLLLL I DONT WANT TO RUIN FRUITS FOR YOU

as soon as he called it "pear" he was able to talk about it with me with out feeling shy. The word pear is irrelevant... He was able to open up and that's what I was trying to accomplish

Totally agree. When I had the talk with my mom, we called it a mouse trap.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
Yeah kiko knew the basics but last night we got a little more detailed and it wasn't as smooth as I had hoped for lol
We have a GREAT BOOK that we started reading that too and it's helped
I know we'll have to get to he nitty gritty soon. I am thinking back on our last conversation and I do think I told him the penis was involved. That he has little seeds that will grow and the girls have eggs. I think I just said "where the baby comes out from" which we've been over. I think it's time we get everything out.

What book did you find?