Baby The Talk

Petunia

COVID POSITIVE FOREVER
Nov 16, 2010
Currently Locked up: esposa
Marklar
₥33,545
Yesterday after school, my 9yr old asked me:
Mama what is Horny? my friend at school says it means penis but I think thats wrong.

:eek:

so we had THE TALK last night and it was not what i expected at all... there were tears and everything.
we have talked about our body parts/general functions etc in the past, but not about the actual act of intercourse stuff.

so hes SUPER uncomfortable about the whole thing and hates saying vagina in front of me so we changed all the words to make him feel better and open up more.

penis = banana
testicles = grapes
vagina = pear
bum = coconut
breasts = melons (of course)

I explained to him how the daddy's banana enters the moms pear and EJACULATES the sperm in the mommy's pear and it swims to the egg to make a baby.
so he was like MY DADDY DID THAT TO YOUUUUU?!!?!?!? *cries*

is 9 yrs old too young for this? like he was SO UNCOMFORTABLE AND EVEN CRIED LOL!!! his school started health and sexuality this week so here we go....
it was a fkn mess.

i think some of us have kiddies around the same age... (except amstel)... have you guys walked down this slippery road yet?
@helenabear @kiwi @Amstel @Puff Dabby @Applesauce @Ledboots

My older sister, at 14 had a fit when she was going on a school trip to Switzerland and our mum said that our Uncle Bill could stop in Anne's room while she was away. She was in absolute hysterics saying he couldn't use her room such that it took ages for her to calm down enough to explain what the problem was. She was worried about arriving back from Switzerland pregnant as all she knew was that if a man slept in your bed you got pregnant. I get 'just say no' but at least explain what you're supposed to say' no' to.

Nice that you went back to your jungle roots with the fruit metaphors.

Wasn't a big deal with my kid. Just straight up told him what was what.
Hey, it was simply to make him feel more comfortable.
He could have called vaginas zippers and penis ding-dongs and it would have been fine.

When we discussed the body parts and its functions he was good. It was this straight up PENETRAYSHUNZ stuff that freaked him out. Too much visuals I think. Poor kid.

I'm confused. Was he crying or was she crying? My wife got teary eyed when it was time for the talk with our boys.

Hey, it was simply to make him feel more comfortable.
He could have called vaginas zippers and penis ding-dongs and it would have been fine.

When we discussed the body parts and its functions he was good. It was this straight up PENETRAYSHUNZ stuff that freaked him out. Too much visuals I think. Poor kid.
Don't sweat it. Your kid has probably been well shielded from this stuff, so naturally it has shocked him. In a year or so from now you'll be finding crusty socks under his bed.

We've gradually explained about sex and babies (how they are made and stuff). He's asked so many questions about babies and why we cannot have more that we've explained some. I really am not sure if we've gone as far as the penis in the vagina part yet (he knows that the guys put the seed in the girls at least), but I wouldn't think it's bad for a 9yo to know the truth. I think here we get the sex ed stuff in 4th grade but not sure. I'll have to ask parents at school. We're just finishing 2nd now and he's only 8 so I think we have a couple years. I'd rather tell my kid before he goes to class though just so he's not surprised by anything.