Ontopic The Shooting Thread

Was it mentioned in this thread? The shooting thread?
No I think it started in the spam thread. We were literally in the midst of making fun of Kiki about active shooter training.

15 plus the shooter, plus his grandmother I should have said btw. It's almost like exclusively federally gun free zones are targeted because people know there's no security. Le gasp.

I didnt hear about this Texas shooting til this morning and I honestly feel so sad. There is a real sickness in America. This is the 28th school shooting this year and its only May. You have huge problems to address but just end up arguing instead of solving issues and concentrating on kids not being murdered. Its so fucking sad.

According to The Gun Violence Archive, a non-profit organization that tracks such things, there's been 216 mass shootings (4 victims or more) to date this year.
693 last year. I wouldn't call that rare. Seems it's fairly common to me.
Perspective I guess.

I didnt hear about this Texas shooting til this morning and I honestly feel so sad. There is a real sickness in America. This is the 28th school shooting this year and its only May. You have huge problems to address but just end up arguing instead of solving issues and concentrating on kids not being murdered. Its so fucking sad.
Twenty dead six and seven year olds a decade ago; the response is always "Fuck them, I want guns."

Dunno if this is true or not but I will say that if it is, that kid never stood a chance.
That particular area isnt exactly....accepting of such things....
From what I've read this morning this kid had some pretty serious anger and mental health issues. Police were constantly called to his parents home because of fights he would get into with his mother. He was eventually removed and ended up with grandmother. Was extremely disrespectful and inappropriate with female coworkers at a fast food job he had. Would go to a local park and randomly pick fights with people. Guy never should have been allowed to own a gun imo.