Ontopic The Shooting Thread

Now let's all agree that "as a parent, I know what's best for my crotchfruit" is bullshit.

Having a kid is easy and meaningless.
No, your takeaway is very fucked up and negative. Could the takeaway be that having and raising a child is very difficult? You can do everything right and still just one friend like Ethan and your kid could end up behind bars. Or whatever. Because sometimes parents DO know what's best and the kid is the one who fucks up. Not every parent on the planet is shit.

Meaningless is too abstract to just throw out there. Meaningless compared to what? Some people like their crotchfruit and do a decent job. Some just get lucky.
Sounds like you''re grumbling about your parents. Again! Move on - you can't change fucked up events of your childhood.
P.S. You dog thinks you're an ass with his care sometimes too.

Last edited:
Saw a pic of the kid and thought yea he got bullied. Either he was gonna kill himself or shoot up the school.
I was more worried about him at age 11. My grandson is 10 and nephew is 11, I think I have an idea what would be within normal range.. I think he was baby-boyed by his wack job mom. It's a peaceful, half-farm, half suburbs kind of place, I dated girls up in that area in hs. Unfortunately, that means there are kids in the $35k mobile home parks from 30+ years ago and the kids living in the $700k+ McMansions where farm fields have been paved. High school must be a very stratified and fucked up place if you can't hang. I agree, he was statistically gonna kill himself or someone else. Had a big-boy friend like that in early hs. He took mom's pills. rip Tubbs

[Shooter] His step-brother(3 years older but always lived with Dad) had bolted from the family 9 months earlier. All he says is his little brother was a happy normal kid. Nada about the step-mom. I think she's the catalyst, Dad is led around by her.

Last edited:
People wanted to do a candlelight vigil in Oxford. Too many threats. Sherrif's had to ask them all to leave. And hundreds of copy cat school threats. I find it hard to believe my spouse will go to work tomorrow. Pretty much all schools within 50 miles shut down for Thursday & Friday.

Let's not forget that there are millions of people that meet that requirement that don't do crime every fucking day.
True, and there are countries with lots of guns and little violence. But we've clearly shown we can't be as permissively trusted with lethal weapons as is the case. Either we make a cultural shift in our treatment of weapons or we control access to weapons.

An example of a cultural shift I'd like to see is everyone always treats guns like you would at a no-nonsense range, with a strong social pressure to not be the person fucking around with lethal force. Give them the respect a katana garners in Japan. Make it open-shut that you are fully liable if somebody uses your gun; so people seriously consider securing them.

I'd also like people to treat driving with more care, but this is all largely incompatible with American Individualism™.

True, and there are countries with lots of guns and little violence. But we've clearly shown we can't be as permissively trusted with lethal weapons as is the case. Either we make a cultural shift in our treatment of weapons or we control access to weapons.
We have twice as many guns per person as the next country below us. But yeah, too many assholes just leave their gunslaying around.
Millions of teens have cars - why do so few run someone over?

John Brunner wrote great near future scifi. Was the original Cyberpunk.
Brunner (in fiction) and Club Of Rome (in speculative fact) predicted terrible berserker gun violence as a side effect of overpopulation and marginalization.
Well, the kids need to settle the fuck down and work harder at infecting grandma, grandpa and their parents(if necessary) with the covids. It will be boom times for them without us.
I liked a futuristic sci fi story that was in Omni magazine. Roads were terribly congested, and built between 2 walls. When there was an accident the government would fly over and drop thousands of poison capsules. Then the choppers with the cement to cover it all would show up. :eek:
*One man didn't take the pills . . . .

Nazi Contributes to the Marketplace of Ideas.

Remember, it's important that we understand them as people and sway them through discourse, as was so successfully done with Hitler and his pals.

Last edited:
Nazi Contributes to the Marketplace of Ideas.

Remember, it's important that we understand them as people and sway them through discourse, as was so successfully done with Hitler and his pals.
Dude, calm your panties. He didn't even get a high score. 3 doesnt even make the top 50 for FPS Single Player.

The endpoint of fascism is genocide.

Many of you will want to view this as one-off lone-wolf violence, which is a deliberate optical consideration of the white nationalist movement. Tucker Carlson spews "Great Replacement" mythology (this shooter's belief) almost every night on Fox, the Mouth of the GOP. The GOP openly uses "pedo" and "groomer" to smear pretty much anyone. They promote laws that are clearly intended to cause suffering for the sake of suffering. They are gearing up to kill a whole bunch of people.

The Nazis were "far-right" in 1920s Germany. The ruling powers used the Nazis as a means to power, figuring the Nazis could be brought to the table but limited and brought in line. The Nazis didn't simply overthrow the government, they were invited and given a spot in the Marketplace of Ideas.

If there are ten people at a table and one is a Nazi, there are ten Nazis at the table.

The endpoint of fascism is genocide.

Many of you will want to view this as one-off lone-wolf violence, which is a deliberate optical consideration of the white nationalist movement. Tucker Carlson spews "Great Replacement" mythology (this shooter's belief) almost every night on Fox, the Mouth of the GOP. The GOP openly uses "pedo" and "groomer" to smear pretty much anyone. They promote laws that are clearly intended to cause suffering for the sake of suffering. They are gearing up to kill a whole bunch of people.
Are you like freebasing?

• Haha
Reactions: Petunia