Baby The Official Baby/Fetus/BirthCanal Thread

Well that's fun. The kid was delivering for grubhub when he ran my son over. Now Progressive says they don't cover that activity.

I wonder if Grubhub covers their drivers, or if I magically get to pay for all of his treatment now on my own.

Well that's fun. The kid was delivering for grubhub when he ran my son over. Now Progressive says they don't cover that activity.

I wonder if Grubhub covers their drivers, or if I magically get to pay for all of his treatment now on my own.
Apparently this is a common enough problem that attorneys specialize in it

• Sad
Reactions: Jehannum
It sounds negligent of them to not ensure their I dependant contractors are adequately insured
Agreed. There's a real class action suit brewing if neither the insurer of the vehicle nor the "technology company" will cover the liability. I'm thinking (based on the history of Uber-like companies) that if the driver was both on app AND delivering for GrubHub, then GrubHub is on the hook for the liability of one of their contractors hitting Jehannun Jr during the course of his on app task.
Couldn't hurt to sue both companies.
There's nothing litigious about demanding that someone take accountability for the actions of their insured or their contractor.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum

Any updates on this? I'm interested in how it turns out.

Any updates on this? I'm interested in how it turns out.
On the advice of my attorney, I went ahead and filed against my own uninsured motorist coverage.

They're taking care of it. I submitted my kid's first medical bill on Tuesday, and they're now waiting on me to submit my ACH info.

• Gravy
Reactions: NukesII