Food The (not so) delicious food thread

It's true, we've been over this: no beans = Texas Chili.
I forget this argument but it's true no beans is Texas Chili.

Speaking of chili I made chili with Bison meat and beans and it was really good. I want to try venison next.

oh god more buffalo ny blah blah blah
No just vodka martinis dont have the botanical taste of gin or gin and vodka which is a significant part of the flavor profile. I dont like vermouth, cocchi americano is much better.

I do like manhattans though. Occasionally. My everyday gotos would be something citrusy.

As a general rule, anything that offends purists will make your food taste even better.

Chili is all about touching as many things as possible that make food good. You want sweet, tangy, smoky, spicy, savory, umami-y, salty, etc all at once... Beans brings carbs to the party, and release starch which thickens the chili and makes the texture better.

No just vodka martinis dont have the botanical taste of gin or gin and vodka which is a significant part of the flavor profile. I dont like vermouth, cocchi americano is much better.

I do like manhattans though. Occasionally. My everyday gotos would be something citrusy.
While I agree with you, vodka is 100% a spirit to be used in martinis.

As a general rule, anything that offends purists will make your food taste even better.

Chili is all about touching as many things as possible that make food good. You want sweet, tangy, smoky, spicy, savory, umami-y, salty, etc all at once... Beans brings carbs to the party, and release starch which thickens the chili and makes the texture better.

I like it meaty with beans