Ontopic The new car-seching thread

I don't even think that I can know that. Since the manual says to never change it, there is no spec in there.

I don't even think that I can know that. Since the manual says to never change it, there is no spec in there.
The oil will have compatibility info on it.

Not to sound snooty (though I'm sure it will), I'd take the job to my transmission guy (who does the flush on the Infiniti every 30k), and have him figure out the compatibility.

That doesn't list a spec...

The oil will have compatibility info on it.

Not to sound snooty (though I'm sure it will), I'd take the job to my transmission guy (who does the flush on the Infiniti every 30k), and have him figure out the compatibility.
Well in my case, the dude comes to my house, so I'd like to have the best, cost effective fluid ready for him.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
The Spergers is at 11 on this one. :)
world cup football GIF by Europeana

The Corolla is one we’ve been looking at for sure. So far Kia Souls have been the strongest contender (surprisingly reliable) and I’ve been pushing Scion xB and Honda CR-Vs and Civics.
I'd be cool with any of those. +1 for being able to haul something beyond what a regular sedan or whatever can.
Most things now days are fairly reliable, long lasting. It'll more come down to the specific deal on the specific vehicle. Mileage + good regular maintenance is the indicator for how much life might be left in it.
Don't need dealer service records, anything from a local shop is ok. Buying from a DIY'er is ok too as long as you know what you're looking at. Gotta judge the person as much as the car.

Post up some specific deals you come across, folks here will help out.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant