Ontopic The new car-seching thread

ive been seeing more and more Rivians around here lately. With that in the running, I dont know why anyone would want a cybertruck
Ford Lightning. Chevy whatever the fuck they're calling theirs. Etc.

Why would you go with this piece of shit, ugly as fuck thing, with questionable engineering when you can go with one of the big 3 and utilize the Tesla charging network within the next year?

Ford Lightning. Chevy whatever the fuck they're calling theirs. Etc.

Why would you go with this piece of shit, ugly as fuck thing, with questionable engineering when you can go with one of the big 3 and utilize the Tesla charging network within the next year?
Because Elon is smart, Elon makes us go.

Star Trek Episode 6 GIF by Paramount+

ok so i finally have to pull the trigger and i have to get new car
mostly a bigger car and something Kiko can drive cuz my current car is 6 speed and this kid won’t learn it

i’m debt free. i don’t owe any one or anything any money. not a credit card, not a lender, not a soul
and now i might have to lease or finance a car and i wanna cry cuz that means i’m tied down to this fucking life longer.

*cries in poor*

ok so i finally have to pull the trigger and i have to get new car
mostly a bigger car and something Kiko can drive cuz my current car is 6 speed and this kid won’t learn it

i’m debt free. i don’t owe any one or anything any money. not a credit card, not a lender, not a soul
and now i might have to lease or finance a car and i wanna cry cuz that means i’m tied down to this fucking life longer.

*cries in poor*
rav4

if i had the cash to get the car i wanted i wouldn’t have posted in the initial post

i have to lease OR finance
either option will mean a debt and that’s what’s giving me anxiety cuz i don’t want a debt
I thought you had a 10k float. I can find 3 cars for 10k and still have enough left to gas and insure them all.

I thought you had a 10k float. I can find 3 cars for 10k and still have enough left to gas and insure them all.

the 10k float is/was my goal. some months i get close to it and others im nowhere near it.
i haven’t hit the 10k float a single month this year , but close

remember it’s a FLOAT, it’s not 10+10+10 accumulating every month
plus a $10k float isn’t going to pay my entire value of my new car

the 10k float is/was my goal. some months i get close to it and others im nowhere near it.
i haven’t hit the 10k float a single month this year , but close

remember it’s a FLOAT, it’s not 10+10+10 accumulating every month
plus a $10k float isn’t going to pay my entire value of my new car
That's why you don't buy *new* cars.

A '13 Kia Soul will do everything you need for about $6k except impress the neighbors.

I'd have suggested a station wagon, but you always seemed fixated on crossovers, so I picked a cheap and easy one.

But do go on about how you're too good for a used car while lamenting that you can't afford a new one.

bro i have no issues getting a used car
when i say “new car” i mean new to me but not necessarily a brand new car fresh off the assembly line.

also, a 2013? seriously ? why am i gonna get a car that’s 10 yrs old? let alone a SOUL (no shade to kia cuz i like kias)

anyhoo, i wanna put a 15-20k cash down payment and finance the rest. just get a decent car for me and my Kiko to share. fuck him getting his own. he needs to earn that shit

bro i have no issues getting a used car
when i say “new car” i mean new to me but not necessarily a brand new car fresh off the assembly line.

also, a 2013? seriously ? why am i gonna get a car that’s 10 yrs old? let alone a SOUL (no shade to kia cuz i like kias)

anyhoo, i wanna put a 15-20k cash down payment and finance the rest. just get a decent car for me and my Kiko to share. fuck him getting his own. he needs to earn that shit
15-20k will get you any number of decent cars, and a 10 y/o car will last another 10 easy.

But you do you, keep on wasting that money as if your best stripper earning years are still ahead of you.

15-20k will get you any number of decent cars, and a 10 y/o car will last another 10 easy.

But you do you, keep on wasting that money as if your best stripper earning years are still ahead of you.

a 10yr old car isn’t going to have the features that kiko and i need.
and if you think resorting to pulling the stripper card is gonna offend me? lol ok.

we don’t need to see eye to eye on this. sorry that i don’t want to gather scraps from your front lawn to build myself a little whip to save money

it’s ok to want something decent

• Haha
Reactions: Jehannum
a 10yr old car isn’t going to have the features that kiko and i need.
and if you think resorting to pulling the stripper card is gonna offend me? lol ok.

we don’t need to see eye to eye on this. sorry that i don’t want to gather scraps from your front lawn to build myself a little whip to save money

it’s ok to want something decent
Someone mentioned a Rav4 earlier. That would be a really good option for you and they last forever.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia