Ontopic The new car-seching thread

Id ride around in this

Its too bad they wouldn’t had gone a few years earlier and made an electric 1973-4 Highboy, but it’s still gonna be cool.

One of my older sisters married a guy who had a Bronco (this was in around 1972 or ‘73 so yes, it was a bad ass) and he bought a brand new Highboy. We used to go plow parking lots he had contracted. What a kick ass truck that was. I was just a dumb ass 12-13 year old, but it was a riot riding around with him while he plowed lots in that thing.

They don't need 280HP. They need < 100. I can do that with a forklift motor (which, strangely enough, the stock R16's descendants turned into).
Electronically limit that shit.

Then reward them for doing shit by turning it up every now and then.

Turbodiesel is putting white smoke out the exhaust, mostly in second. Seems to lose power as the turbo spools and puts out the smoke, then stops smoking and brings on the power for maybe the last 500rpm of the range before it runs out. If I slam the throttle before I let the clutch pedal out it seems to not be as bad, same if I'm going uphill. 3-5 don't show the issue, at least not severely enough for me to notice.

Was told it's injectors?

Turbodiesel is putting white smoke out the exhaust, mostly in second. Seems to lose power as the turbo spools and puts out the smoke, then stops smoking and brings on the power for maybe the last 500rpm of the range before it runs out. If I slam the throttle before I let the clutch pedal out it seems to not be as bad, same if I'm going uphill. 3-5 don't show the issue, at least not severely enough for me to notice.

Was told it's injectors?
Could be. Could also be a clogged fuel filter.

Was told it's injectors?
In diesels, white smoke is typically not enough fuel. Could also be coolant in the chambers, but I doubt it only in 2nd.
If it is fine the rest of the time I doubt injectors, check fuel filter and then do a cleaning service

• Gravy
Reactions: Hoff Kinkmeister
So I hit a raccoon at high speed in the fit earlier. Driving at night on a woods road at high speed, crested a hill and WHAM.

I thought "shit", but kept driving... for about 10 more minutes down the road, until I had to stop and merge onto another road. Gearing down for that, huh the clutch pedal's soft, hey I can't get the car into gear... fuck. I still managed to limp the car home by getting it into 4th gear and leaving it there for the rest of the trip home.

And yup, there's exploded raccoon under the car, and the hard line exiting the clutch master cylinder is bent and leaking.

Last critter I hit was a porcupine, and that took out the A/C. I really need to put some armor or animal-shredding blades or something under the damn car.

• Barf
  • Sad
Reactions: fly and wetwillie
So I hit a raccoon at high speed in the fit earlier. Driving at night on a woods road at high speed, crested a hill and WHAM.

I thought "shit", but kept driving... for about 10 more minutes down the road, until I had to stop and merge onto another road. Gearing down for that, huh the clutch pedal's soft, hey I can't get the car into gear... fuck. I still managed to limp the car home by getting it into 4th gear and leaving it there for the rest of the trip home.

And yup, there's exploded raccoon under the car, and the hard line exiting the clutch master cylinder is bent and leaking.

Last critter I hit was a porcupine, and that took out the A/C. I really need to put some armor or animal-shredding blades or something under the damn car.
I had a shift linkage unlink as I coasted down the road yesterday.

• Sad
Reactions: wetwillie
In diesels, white smoke is typically not enough fuel. Could also be coolant in the chambers, but I doubt it only in 2nd.
If it is fine the rest of the time I doubt injectors, check fuel filter and then do a cleaning service
It's a work vehicle, so tomorrow I'll make noise until somebody does something about it.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
These micro cars are made from such light gauge metal underneath that raccoon’s guts will crumple them into non-working condition? That’s messed up.

• Haha
Reactions: wetwillie