Ontopic The new car-seching thread

I ordered new injectors this past weekend. Shipping label created Monday. Still no movement on them.

Reached out to the company, last Friday they had said they had 8 in stock, now they are telling me they had to get some "from their warehouse"
These fuckers ordered some god damned injectors from rock auto or some shit, I know it.

I've ALWAYS wanted a changable sign for my vehicle, fuck yes.
BUtton #1 - BACK off or I throw a kid out the window!
#2 - I can see you jacking off from up here (happened twice, #trucklife).
#3. Get off my ass, my brake lights are intermittent
#4 I'll let YOU in, would you let ME in ?
#5 You're HOT pull over and we'll exchange numbers!!
etc.

Seems it would be easy to gut one of those signs the CHinese make with changeable messages.
Sounds like a good use for an old tablet.

Prop it up in the back window, and I'm sure you could come up with some app that'll show one of several pictures on command.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Can I rant a brief movement? After driving a Bolt EV, I fell in love with the concept and simplicity of it all. I looked into the superior model, the Tesla Model 3. After the Bolt battery debacle I went to the showroom to see what was the deal. At the start of the year, Tesla DROPPED the price down to $37K when they removed their $35K model so that meant the cheapest was $37K. Still pricy but for the equipment you got, it was actually a bargain.

When I sold my Bolt in October I went back to look at the car. Now it was up to $41K. I was initially put off, but still keen. They didn't have any in the showroom but said they would next weekend. We went back and Tesla raised the price to $43K. Now I was really put off.

Cut to today, they raised the prices two more times, so now it's $45K. That is a 22% increase at the start of the year.

All I want is an electric appliance of a car that isn't over $40K. Is that too much to ask?

Can I rant a brief movement? After driving a Bolt EV, I fell in love with the concept and simplicity of it all. I looked into the superior model, the Tesla Model 3. After the Bolt battery debacle I went to the showroom to see what was the deal. At the start of the year, Tesla DROPPED the price down to $37K when they removed their $35K model so that meant the cheapest was $37K. Still pricy but for the equipment you got, it was actually a bargain.

When I sold my Bolt in October I went back to look at the car. Now it was up to $41K. I was initially put off, but still keen. They didn't have any in the showroom but said they would next weekend. We went back and Tesla raised the price to $43K. Now I was really put off.

Cut to today, they raised the prices two more times, so now it's $45K. That is a 22% increase at the start of the year.

All I want is an electric appliance of a car that isn't over $40K. Is that too much to ask?
thats mostly the varying tax credits starting to expire, not them raising the price

Wouldn't a Chevy Bolt fit your ask?

Wouldn't a Chevy Bolt fit your ask?
Considering he just sold a Bolt, no?

The Chevy Bolt, in addition to the battery fire issue, has an issue where when the EGR fucks up in a fairly common way blows a fuse and cuts out the electric motor and the traditional motor. Then you're stranded.
GM truly makes a shit vehicle.

It is a sucky time to buy a car. It'll remain a sucky time to buy a car until either everybody moves to FPGAs like Toyota did back before the big 3 read the first page of Toyota's Lean production manual and decided to go all in on no parts inventory because the supply chain will NEVAR FAIL OMG, or the supply chain finally unfucks itself (which might happen sometime next year).

There's basically no way to win on a new car at this point, even with the dirt cheap interest rates.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
I ordered new injectors this past weekend. Shipping label created Monday. Still no movement on them.

Reached out to the company, last Friday they had said they had 8 in stock, now they are telling me they had to get some "from their warehouse"
These fuckers ordered some god damned injectors from rock auto or some shit, I know it.

Thats become a common practice with bass guitars from Japan for sale on eBay. The same bass with the same pictures will be posted by a handful of sellers, with vastly differing pricing. As soon as it sells, the “seller” has to acquire it however they’re buying it, be it Japanese Craigslist or local eBay, then pack and ship it.

It makes shopping on eBay annoying as fuck. The basses are overpriced by WAY too much to begin with, then if you “win” an auction for a somewhat decent price, there’s no guarantee you’ll actually get the bass. You may just get a note saying “Sorry, I decided not to sell it” or some shit.

It is a sucky time to buy a car. It'll remain a sucky time to buy a car until either everybody moves to FPGAs like Toyota did back before the big 3 read the first page of Toyota's Lean production manual and decided to go all in on no parts inventory because the supply chain will NEVAR FAIL OMG, or the supply chain finally unfucks itself (which might happen sometime next year).

There's basically no way to win on a new car at this point, even with the dirt cheap interest rates.

Is the supply chain ordeal partly due to the shipping lanes being jammed up? I’ve noticed surround audio receivers are low on supply now.

Is the supply chain ordeal partly due to the shipping lanes being jammed up? I’ve noticed surround audio receivers are low on supply now.
That's a big part of it. Its also that everyone is ordering shit at increased rates, and a bunch of people died in the past two years and a bunch more people weren't able to work due to being sick.

It's also because a lot of chip lines were idled during 2020, and the amount of time it takes to bring them back online.

Add in acceptance testing, shipping delays, and all the other bullshit that's going on right now, and it's just ugly.

Coincidentally, I just bought a fairly nice Denon receiver to replace my Yamaha that was starting to behave badly, there seemed to be plenty of those bastards at Costco.

It's also because a lot of chip lines were idled during 2020, and the amount of time it takes to bring them back online.

Add in acceptance testing, shipping delays, and all the other bullshit that's going on right now, and it's just ugly.

Coincidentally, I just bought a fairly nice Denon receiver to replace my Yamaha that was starting to behave badly, there seemed to be plenty of those bastards at Costco.

I’ve only briefly perused a few websites and I think Pioneer is getting out of the home audio business and sticking with mobile audio, cars and marine applications. Maybe. I’ve had Pioneer receivers since High School. I think Denon may have put them under or bought out their home audio end.

What was my receiver is also barely misbehaving but I’m helping my son dispose of what little “disposable” income I have immediately after (or maybe before) I croak.Crutchfield is super low on stuff. Amazon has a couple here and there, same with Best Buy. I’ve never seen so many out of stocks or “won’t ship until ______” after a delivery date.

I’ve only briefly perused a few websites and I think Pioneer is getting out of the home audio business and sticking with mobile audio, cars and marine applications. Maybe. I’ve had Pioneer receivers since High School. I think Denon may have put them under or bought out their home audio end.

What was my receiver is also barely misbehaving but I’m helping my son dispose of what little “disposable” income I have immediately after (or maybe before) I croak.Crutchfield is super low on stuff. Amazon has a couple here and there, same with Best Buy. I’ve never seen so many out of stocks or “won’t ship until ______” after a delivery date.
I'm agnostic for brands, I've got a Pioneer VSX-09TX upstairs for my record player, a Yamaha RX-V571 that's acting fucky, and now a Denon AVR-S760H.

I've had a Denon before, and like that one, this one is built really solidly, and is nice and heavy.