The L Word

I used to love.honestly and with all my heart. problem is I kept giving away my heart to the wrong people. and little by little none of them gave it back. so now I am an old and bitter man still in love with certin women yet I know that anyone new is pertty much out of luck with me. I like people, I care about people but I don't love anyone new.

you can still be rational.

No, you can't. Love and rationality have absolutely nothing to do with each other. In the example of choosing your spouse or your children the 'rational' answer is that any pre-menopausal woman or pre-death male would say screw them both and save themselves. You can always get another spouse, you can always have more children. There's no reason to risk yourself to save something replaceable. That's rational logic, which is as cold blooded as it gets.

You can't describe Love to someone, that's as futile as describing the color blue to someone who has been blind since birth. Actually, it's even worse because your own personal view on love changes each time you fall into it. Love is deeply personal, and different with each person you are in love with.

No, you can't. Love and rationality have absolutely nothing to do with each other. In the example of choosing your spouse or your children the 'rational' answer is that any pre-menopausal woman or pre-death male would say screw them both and save themselves. You can always get another spouse, you can always have more children. There's no reason to risk yourself to save something replaceable. That's rational logic, which is as cold blooded as it gets.

You can't describe Love to someone, that's as futile as describing the color blue to someone who has been blind since birth. Actually, it's even worse because your own personal view on love changes each time you fall into it. Love is deeply personal, and different with each person you are in love with.

I think you can be in love and still be rational.

I'm not reading this thread.

There are different kinds of love. I'm assuming you are referring to the romantic kind. I can't help but believe in love, I'm a romantic. Probably a character flaw or a problem in the logic neurons but I am okay with that. wtf is that poem, You don't love someone because, you love them despite? Is there someone for everyone? If you can find someone that you respect, love being with, love the conversation, love the company and the chemistry is right, it is worth the world.