The L Word

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Clam whisperer
Oct 15, 2004
Robin Hood Country
Marklar
₥14,422
What's your opinion on love? Do you think there's one somebody for everybody? Have you given up on the whole idea of romance? Are you sworn off the opposite sex?

Let's have a psuedo-'I'm Carey Bradshaw tell me about your love life' talk.

I don't think there's one person out there for everybody, I don't think there's a limited amout of love, I can see why people would marry multiple times (or just be in a different relationship every 2 years).

I'm all for monogomy and I don't understand people in open relationships, I don't understand how that could be real love and in fact I don't believe it is real love. A couple I know were in an open relationship for years with the woman flitting between a few men for quite some time, now they're all in love and decided to be monogomous.

I think real love is when you can sit around, watch TV and enjoy some silence with somebody without feeling like you have to have sex every single day. I think that's real intimacy.

Thoughts?

Well everyone's perception of love is going to be different. I don't believe in the fairy tale that there is someone for everyone... this is not predetermined because that would leave one to believe that there is a higher power controlling it.

Life is about how much sex you can have. We are built to reproduce, not make love.

Therefore, I refuse to reproduce.

this thread is odd

Love rocks. One person? Love isn't limited to one person but for many there's that one person that just fits better than anyone else. Soul mate, maybe? I'm still a hopeless romantic. I see what you're saying about that true level of intimacy. That being said, sex with the right person is still about the most amazing thing in the world.

Life might about how much sex you can have, but men are generally the ones who want to have sex all the time. Women don't generally have the sex drive for that kinda crap.

Oh you and your generalizations. If we had the time to do it every day, we would. ;) Life just gets in the way of whats really important. :fly: