GAY The hurricane in Texas is just God telling us...

you guys have laws about using approved container? up here you can only transport gas in certain containers. Definitely not garbage cans or buckets.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
you guys have laws about using approved container? up here you can only transport gas in certain containers. Definitely not garbage cans or buckets.

I know CO and FL both do. They are specific about no glass containers which has really fucked over the Molotov Cocktail industry in those two states. Thanks Obama.

There's law against all kinda shit, people do it anyway and get along fine. If it meant the difference between being mobile and being stranded I'd put gas in anything that'd hold some gas too.

Just an FYI, I am doing fine. I feel kinda guilty actually. No damage at all, power was on the whole time, internet and water, too. And for the past 3 days, the weather has been fantastic! The only downside is that I have to work from home, so I can't be out helping people.

I am not originally from Texas, but it was hugely heartwarming to see so many people come together and help out. Most shelters are full of supplies, most volunteer places are actually turning away volunteers, and it's just like another day for people. Honestly the feeling is "yup, that sucked. Now let's clean up this carpet and get you on your way", which is quite surprising for one of the largest natural disasters in the US. Any other place would be milking this for a while, but the Houstonians here just buckled down and got to work rebuilding, even before the rain stopped. While I might not be from this area, I am proud to be living here. I honestly couldn't think of another place on earth where so many millions of people would come together so quickly and so successfully to lift each other back up and not bat an eye. The media coverage and political nonsense from all of this is annoying, but at least it isn't that distracting (yet); people are just getting on with the business of helping each other, and that is highly commendable. I wish and hope we can keep that type of neighborly momentum going, even after the sheetrock has been replaced.