Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

Probably one less thing to break? BTW, have you still not changed your bulb? If so, that may be why it isn't working.
I havent, but it didnt work when it was brand new either. I just have too much space/mosquitos. Sure, i have one acre, but theres another 6 acres around, and 1 acre of that is drainage ditch.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie and fly
After I posted it, I looked it up and yeah the icon is light. However, its actually for the switch to go into. Either way, all I needed was neutral, line, and load. Super simple.

So it seems my plan for using the Shelly smart switches to control my Dynatraps aren't working. It's getting too hot (above 80C) and shutting down. :(
sounds like something is wired wrong. Theres no way you should be drawing that much current to heat up to 80C. Thats hots enough to begin to degrade most conductor insulation. NM is only rated for 90

sounds like something is wired wrong. Theres no way you should be drawing that much current to heat up to 80C. Thats hots enough to begin to degrade most conductor insulation. NM is only rated for 90
Apparently the 2.5s run hot. And this is sitting in a black enclosure, with no ventilation, in the sun.

It appears you're not alone though

But the dynatrap draws what.... 1 amp for hte fan, 1 amp for hte light which are on different shellys? These people are drawing 13-15 amps.

It seems part of the culprit for the 2.5 is the current monitoring circuitry. you dont really need that right, you just need the relay?

It appears you're not alone though

But the dynatrap draws what.... 1 amp for hte fan, 1 amp for hte light which are on different shellys? These people are drawing 13-15 amps.
It's one Shelly 2.5. And its only happening to the one in full sun.