Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

Remote access, or recording?

Eufy is local-only recording, but cloud based viewing.

Amcrest/reolink/dahua also are all local only, but have remote viewing capability
I want no cloud. I mean, its fine if it exists - as long as I can block it and everything will still work.

Got the frame in, glazed, and the doors on. Waiting on the stucco and drywall guys to come through, because no way in fuck am I doing that part myself.

I did the framing and shit mostly on my own though. My friends Frank and Peter were my adult supervision.

messages_0(4).jpeg

messages_0(6).jpeg

messages_0(7).jpeg

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and kiwi
wow, not bad. Ive been off wyze long enough I didnt know that existed.

It is at risk for wyze blocking it, since its functionally just mimicking the app, but usually theyre too lazy to do so.

Thats not gonna work if you block em from the internet though, is it? Looks like it lets the camera reach out to the internet, then pretends to be the app to get the stream.

wow, not bad. Ive been off wyze long enough I didnt know that existed.

It is at risk for wyze blocking it, since its functionally just mimicking the app, but usually theyre too lazy to do so.

Thats not gonna work if you block em from the internet though, is it? Looks like it lets the camera reach out to the internet, then pretends to be the app to get the stream.
It works for now. Eventually all cameras will be local only and Wyze/Nest will be gone.

i have like 8 wyze cams that im perfectly happy with technically, just hate the software load

I might give this a shot.