Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

Yeah, because wall stickers look so much better.
It's not peel and stick you dolt. Anyone that grouts anything anymore is an idiot. And also fuck fiberglass or acrylic enclosures as well.

I might also go with this. Waiting for samples. Deal with it!

• Haha
Reactions: Jehannum
It's not peel and stick you dolt. Anyone that grouts anything anymore is an idiot. And also fuck fiberglass or acrylic enclosures as well.

Grout and thinset mortar isn't difficult. I don't see why you're so dead-set against it.

Last edited:
So it's like click-together laminate floor that you glue to your shower wall instead.

I'm sticking with tile and grout for the shower in the new place. It's proven.

Has anyone used these? I'm probably going to redo our shower in them.

the pictures of them putting it up on painted drywall with no waterproofing membrane or redgard dont exactly inspire confidence.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
wtf man. Dont use mastic in wet locations. Thats essentially making your big heavy tiles peel-and-stick
Thin set, mastic, grout, it's all just fuckin' concrete to one degree or another. Obviously use the right shit in the right place, but looking at the Home Depot installing their wall stickers with fucking liquid nails or w/e is a totally different animal.

mastic absolutely is not concrete.

mastic absolutely is not concrete.

Good job, you really showed me up as a fraud, y'know, since it's been fucking 10 years since I re-tiled anything.

this looks much more professional.

These guys make blank covers for old Nutone shit.

I can finally get rid of the ugly fucking thing on the family room wall after removing the room stations.

:happy:

These guys make blank covers for old Nutone shit.

I can finally get rid of the ugly fucking thing on the family room wall after removing the room stations.

:happy:
Seems like the kind of thing you could easily design and print a cover for with a 3D printer.

tile aint bad once you get a good system in place, and if you do the right grout there is no upkeep. Unsanded grout, 1/16th joints or epoxy grout.
Real men just buy a sheet of granite.

But yeah, unsanded. Cleaning depends on the water quality. I've lived in places with good water and you NEVER have to clean, and I lived somewhere where the water was so hard it came out of the faucet brownish and the it will even trash fiberglass,