Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

Holy shit. Is that really $18k?
yeah, and that's with their seasonal -2k adjustment, since they ain't busy right now. It's in line with the other quotes I've gotten, so I'm feeling pretty good about it.

I have the money (both via my outsized federal refund, and via a small inheritance from my grandmother), but I figured I'd churn it through Costco's credit facilities, since why do I have an 825 rating right now, if I don't use it once in a while.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
yeah, and that's with their seasonal -2k adjustment, since they ain't busy right now. It's in line with the other quotes I've gotten, so I'm feeling pretty good about it.

I have the money (both via my outsized federal refund, and via a small inheritance from my grandmother), but I figured I'd churn it through Costco's credit facilities, since why do I have an 825 rating right now, if I don't use it once in a while.
I posted a link the other day to a BoA card that offers $750 back after $5k in purchases! It's something...

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
I posted a link the other day to a BoA card that offers $750 back after $5k in purchases! It's something...
Since I'm doing the financing through costco, the spiff (costco "gift card" for doing it through them) on the back end is around $2500 ($1840 base 10%, $368 for being an "Executive member", and $368 for financing through costco).

I might sign up for the card and churn it around a little more, but I'm not super crazy about opening accounts with BofA.

and don't forget to adjust for inflation. Considering there's CRTs and a VCR on that desk, that $10K is probably worth quite a bit more today.

• Haha
Reactions: Jehannum