Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

yesssss!
dont forget to change my password to lock me out the forum when i post a “triggering word” that i have no clue about cuz everyday you pull out a new word that triggers youuuuuu
omg that actually used to be a thing on [M]. You could buy a trigger word and anyone that used it was banned for xx hours.

• Love
Reactions: Josh
oman, I'm full nerd boner for this shit. :lol:
lol hey i've been meaning to ask you. do you have something setup (e.g. Proxy) on your network to block requests to known add servers? I want to block ads on youtube and anything else without paying for their service.

Installed three new sprinkler zones, 7 heads, leveled with 20 tons of topsoil, scarified, slit seeded 200lbs of seed, fertilized and now am watering 3 times a day and patiently waiting for 25,000 sqft of new lawn that is actually made of grass and not weeds and dirt.

lol hey i've been meaning to ask you. do you have something setup (e.g. Proxy) on your network to block requests to known add servers? I want to block ads on youtube and anything else without paying for their service.
Pihole is what you're looking for.

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh
Well stable anyway.
You don't get rich by being stupid.
Patience can be virtue or vice depending...

Not a lot of love for OpenSprinkler in this thread.

Interesting.

I like the OS for the exact reason he doesn't: the open source code base. Yes, cloud services come and go, but it's a hop, skip, and jump to re-flash the unit with newer firmware, so I'm not bothered by switching services.

I kind of agree with him on the setup for the time adjustments - I didn't know what the options to modify zone watering time meant. It was the work of about 5 minutes to educate myself though. It helped too that I already had a base watering time in mind for each zone when I started, so I didn't have to step through the dumb wizards asking me about soil type or vegetation type, since I've had grass growing well for 5 years already.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly