Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

A good part of my new house is recessed halogen.

And I have soooooo many light switches. Like I have 4 different light zones in the kitchen, controlled by 6 switches across 3 panels, and 3 of those fixtures are dimmable. The lighting in the basement makes even less sense.

And I have soooo many dimmers in my house. Like the lighting in every bedroom is a dimmer, bathroom lighting is on a dimmer. Outdoor outlets? controlled by a fucking dimmer. All the same style dimmer. Like I think whoever wired the house got a deal on a box of 100 dimmers and tried to use them all on this house.

I should do a walkthrough WTF tour of the house some day.
I ran through the house one day and ordered LED replacements for every halogen fixture in the house. Any shape and size, they Chinese have made a replacement.

And yes to dimmers(especially the bathroom) - love the ones that are like an ordinary switch with a small dimmer paralleling the parent switch's movement.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
How drunk are they by the time they are attempting to use the bathroom?
I think its actually the turn off that screws them up. Because it dims down to 0, then turns off. So they end up holding it, which also dims it down to zero, but leaves it on. Then the next person keeps tapping it to turn it on, but its already on.

:tard:

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
I think its actually the turn off that screws them up. Because it dims down to 0, then turns off. So they end up holding it, which also dims it down to zero, but leaves it on. Then the next person keeps tapping it to turn it on, but its already on.

:tard:
So, are we talking like, "lucky they hit the hole" or "my entire bathroom got BLASTED WITH PISS" level of drunkenness?

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant

buncha other ones in the same family. Stores are clearing oout the 3000k ones in exchange for ones that can chance from 27000-6k

Cool.

I need to add 2 to 4 more I the #MANCAVE, but they're going to be Hue lights so I need to do real cans.

Should be straightforward since I can fish wires into the joist bays without cutting any drywall.

this far out,
Cool.

I need to add 2 to 4 more I the #MANCAVE, but they're going to be Hue lights so I need to do real cans.

Should be straightforward since I can fish wires into the joist bays without cutting any drywall.
Neat, I just ordered a bunch to replace the stupid boob fixtures I have in my house.
I will also be removing 3 boobs. My hallways are terribly lit and itll be nice to have even lighting all the way along em

• Haha
Reactions: august
The link for the 5" is great price. The 4" is indicating $27 - package of 1. Something's amiss. Check your receipt - stat!
nah, im good.

website prices lie. Check brickseek

rather than explaining all this, im just gonna link the slickdeals thread

those are the 6'es, but the same logic applies for the 4s