Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

How much video of nothing you have stored up now?
It deletes after a certain amount of days.

I'm going to sound utterly crazy, but the real reason I love our cameras is so I can spy on the strays and ferals around our house. It's like watching Big Brother; very entertaining... plus it's how we know they are here to see us, which is fucking cute god damn it.

I'm going to sound utterly crazy, but the real reason I love our cameras is so I can spy on the strays and ferals around our house. It's like watching Big Brother; very entertaining... plus it's how we know they are here to see us, which is fucking cute god damn it.

5% that's not crazy at all.

Fly (the cat) went missing past dark last week, and I got worried. Managed to go through the camera feeds and find her on the porch at about 6pm just before it got dark and felt a lot better knowing she was ok at that point, and likely just being a jerk and hiding

she was just being a jerk and hiding.

Fly (the cat) went missing past dark last week, and I got worried. Managed to go through the camera feeds and find her on the porch at about 6pm just before it got dark and felt a lot better knowing she was ok at that point, and likely just being a jerk and hiding

she was just being a jerk and hiding.
Typical cat.

Oh gosh... btw... I think I mentioned it here, but hopefully your cats are street smart. Our neighbor's cat was mauled by dogs last weekend which broke her back and they had to put her down. She loved dogs so didn't think these would be dangerous. Hopefully your girls are wiser.

• Sad
Reactions: Immigrant
Typical cat.

Oh gosh... btw... I think I mentioned it here, but hopefully your cats are street smart. Our neighbor's cat was mauled by dogs last weekend which broke her back and they had to put her down. She loved dogs so didn't think these would be dangerous. Hopefully your girls are wiser.

theres a nasty dog next door, thankfully she's pretty small, although im sure she could do some damage.

The wide open spaces things makes a big difference i think, the cats can always run, and theres trees all over for them to jump up on. In your environment i imagine theres much more places to get trapped and less places to climb and be safe.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
theres a nasty dog next door, thankfully she's pretty small, although im sure she could do some damage.

The wide open spaces things makes a big difference i think, the cats can always run, and theres trees all over for them to jump up on. In your environment i imagine theres much more places to get trapped and less places to climb and be safe.
Yaup, makes sense.