Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

Roof repair yesterday.

71246569_10157057318009262_6819864722620284928_n.jpg

The idiot prior owners nailed (very poorly at that) into the face of the shingles that were lifting up in high winds. Instead of just using a little roofing compound under the tab to glue them down. Hopefully I don't get roof leaks in the future. Something I'll need to check every few years and probably reapply.

72188661_10157057318109262_1751333104615686144_o.jpg
Obligatory 360 degree view from the roof.

It deletes after a certain amount of days.

I'm going to sound utterly crazy, but the real reason I love our cameras is so I can spy on the strays and ferals around our house. It's like watching Big Brother; very entertaining... plus it's how we know they are here to see us, which is fucking cute god damn it.
You watch Big Brother?

I was going to go with another inspector than the last one but this guy wants me to sign a document saying I "indemnify and hold harmless" the inspection company for any hazardous conditions or harmful substances (mold and such). If I'm reading it right I would be responsible for some dumbass inspector for harming himself during the inspection.

I'm sure this is common practice but the last guy just said "alright just pay me when I'm done" and I checked, he is registered with the city and did provide a somewhat decent report. He didn't have a website or sample reports but I also wasn't worried he would kill himself on the job.

What do y'all think, should I indemnify and hold harmless the new inspector? Any legal gurus here?

I was going to go with another inspector than the last one but this guy wants me to sign a document saying I "indemnify and hold harmless" the inspection company for any hazardous conditions or harmful substances (mold and such). If I'm reading it right I would be responsible for some dumbass inspector for harming himself during the inspection.

I'm sure this is common practice but the last guy just said "alright just pay me when I'm done" and I checked, he is registered with the city and did provide a somewhat decent report. He didn't have a website or sample reports but I also wasn't worried he would kill himself on the job.

What do y'all think, should I indemnify and hold harmless the new inspector? Any legal gurus here?
My first reaction would be "Fuck no." That's not your house, you don't have homeowner's insurance on it.

But that may be a normal thing around you

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD

FUck no - indemnify means to compensate. Really, you're going to compensate the guy if he gets hurt on the job? I could hsee a hold harmless clause that you wouldn't sue them if they missed something. But that would suck - they are supposed to have "errors and ommissions" insurance to cover YOU if they miss something and it costs you.
I had a home inspection business. I inspected homes. I had no clause for them to compensate me. I advertised I had insurance. I walked their roof and crawled their crawl(space).

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD