Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

FUck no - indemnify means to compensate. Really, you're going to compensate the guy if he gets hurt on the job? I could hsee a hold harmless clause that you wouldn't sue them if they missed something. But that would suck - they are supposed to have "errors and ommissions" insurance to cover YOU if they miss something and it costs you.
I had a home inspection business. I inspected homes. I had no clause for them to compensate me. I advertised I had insurance. I walked their roof and crawled their crawl(space).
That's what I was thinking. I get them throwing in something so I can't sue them for hazardous conditions but it's worded to where I would have to compensate them if the inspector trips on a shingle and breaks his neck. And like Asa said, I don't have insurance on the house.

Thanks guys. I guess I'll go with another inspector.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
That's what I was thinking. I get them throwing in something so I can't sue them for hazardous conditions but it's worded to where I would have to compensate them if the inspector trips on a shingle and breaks his neck. And like Asa said, I don't have insurance on the house.

THe inspector needs to have their own damn insurance - it's their job. They can buy worker's comp. like everyone else.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD
So my Ecobee tstat install has been a nightmare. I'm technically on my 4th one. The tech basically said it just might not be compatible for some reason.

Full disclosure though, it might be something wrong with my control board as my most recent Nest wouldn't work with it.

Going to do the inspection with my dad. He's knowledgeable enough to make sure nothing huge is going to bite me in the ass and I'll save money.

The inspector wad shocked that I didn't want to indemnify them. Standard contract he said. He was equally shocked that I didn't even sign a contract last time and I actually read the contract in the first place.

Going to do the inspection with my dad. He's knowledgeable enough to make sure nothing huge is going to bite me in the ass and I'll save money.

The inspector wad shocked that I didn't want to indemnify them. Standard contract he said. He was equally shocked that I didn't even sign a contract last time and I actually read the contract in the first place.
You might want to talk to waw about not getting an inspection done. He's right across the street.

• Haha
Reactions: Josh

All they're doing is saying that they won't pay for shit their inspection misses that crops up later.

All they're doing is saying that they won't pay for shit their inspection misses that crops up later.
That might be what they meant but there is no reason to include the word indemnify in there. What they wanted it to say and what it says is an important difference. They wanted me to indemnify the inspection company not people who go in the house after the inspection.

mother fucking oil furnace is acting up again.

Purged the air from the lines, and the oil is filled with particulate again. this is after i installed two filters, and a "draw from top" oil siphon that floats on the top of the oil in the tank and doesnt pull from the bottom where all the gunk resides. I thought i had this problem solved :/

Purged the air from the lines, and the oil is filled with particulate again. this is after i installed two filters, and a "draw from top" oil siphon that floats on the top of the oil in the tank and doesnt pull from the bottom where all the gunk resides. I thought i had this problem solved :/
Is that really even an efficient way to heat? I'm honestly asking, as you can imagine I have no idea.

Yeah, that is an issue. People who really go nuts with filtering that and home-brewed bio-diesel use a filter Vessel like this
!

with these horse condom size filters as sold here.

I have a gross of the huge filters in 50 micron but I use them for other things.

Is that really even an efficient way to heat? I'm honestly asking, as you can imagine I have no idea.
no. But its whats available. Id go NG in an instant if i could get it.

the bullshit thing is I had a chance to switch to electric heat in 2011, but didnt. I had that house fire that trashed the furnace, and coulda replaced it with an electric at that time with the insurance payout. But it was the end of december, i had no heat for a couple weeks already, and i just needed heat back and i went with a direct replacement of another oil furnace.

Our electric company here is pretty cheap, and all around just a good corporation that tries to look out for its custmers.