Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

we are buying a new bed. Thinking about a California King or a Wyoming King size bed.

so apparently there is an Alaska King and it’s called a “family” bed but i think it’s an “orgy” bed.
When @fly and @APRIL visit us, they are sleeping right between CEO and I in the Alaska King....
I could use a Wyoming King, but where the hell would you find sheets?

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
I could use a Wyoming King, but where the hell would you find sheets?

I did it accidentally I guess. Likely used dimensions, because I don’t remember the term “Wyoming” King. 84” x 84” rang a bell.

Sears. Are they still a thing?

I hate how cheap and shoddy swamp cooler parts are.

Like, I get it: making an electric motor work in a moist environment is hard, but if it's $150 to make a 1HP 115VAC motor that lasts 3 years, why isn't there one on the market that costs $200 and lasts 10 years?

They're heavy as fuck to haul up on the roof, and fiddly to get into place and aligned right, and it seems like every year I'm replacing some other piece of that hunk of shit.

Like, I get it: making an electric motor work in a moist environment is hard, but if it's $150 to make a 1HP 115VAC motor that lasts 3 years, why isn't there one on the market that costs $200 and lasts 10 years?

They're heavy as fuck to haul up on the roof, and fiddly to get into place and aligned right, and it seems like every year I'm replacing some other piece of that hunk of shit.

Cheap shit parts in a shit area to live.

Pathetic.

Is there not a way to position the motor in the natural dry environment and connect its spinny part to the man-made humid, wet environment?

Like not literally out in the open. Still sheltered from the 4 rain showers you get there each year, but not contained within the humid swamp cooler apparatus itself?

Seems it'd be easier and cheaper to replace a seal or two than a whole motor.

Can't upgrade it yourself?

spend the money for a real A/C unless the car cant spare the 2 hp it takes to run it :p

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138