Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

I'm more worried about the longevity of my lawn mower engine with an imbalanced blade than I am about the sharpness.

You think it wears evenly or something?

You take it off and balance it before every use?

Do you make sure to hit that rock the same amount with both ends of the blade?

Like I said, a pillow feathers worth of difference doesn't matter.

I maintain my delusions of control over entropy where feasible, and this is a case I deem feasible, so NYAH.

yep. When I was poor & in college I mowed 12 lawns for two summers for extra cash. 2+ yrs. One residential lawnboy mower I bought used.

I eventually got a 2nd blade so I could swap it out on the job.

24 seasons+ of lawn mowing on one mower, sharpened, & balanced using a pencil. I stored the mower for 3yrs in my parents attic & pulled it out when I got a house. Used it for another few yrs until I found one that was self propelled & sold the push behind.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer

Hitting a rock doesn't change balance because no material is removed - the blade is just dulled or dented. Come on, I'll buy you another coffee, god only knows you need it after yesterday.

?Do you believe in balancing car tires and why?

I maintain my delusions of control over entropy where feasible, and this is a case I deem feasible, so NYAH.

I should go measure my weedeater strings. Make sure theyre both the exact same length and perfectly wound or it'll never work.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel