Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

So the Arduino project that @gee helped me build to control my garage door with our SmartShit appears to have died. :( The contact sensor that determines if the the door is open or closed just flaps constantly.

I don't look forward to trying to solder again, so I may have @APRIL give it a try.
Just replace the contact sensor and be done with it.

The mulch pile will not end.

Time to get more creative on where to put it.
You folks need to get your terminology down. Mulch is something you put on the ground to thwart the growth of weeds. The stuff in a pile should be compost. OF course, if you pile leaves, you're not accomplishing either to any degree.

Compost is full of nutrients that we want to get down in the soil to feed the plants through their roots. In contrast, mulch is the layer of organic materials placed on the top of the soil as a protective cover.Mulch helps to suppress weed germination, retain moisture, insulate the soil, and reduce erosion.

You folks need to get your terminology down. Mulch is something you put on the ground to thwart the growth of weeds. The stuff in a pile should be compost. OF course, if you pile leaves, you're not accomplishing either to any degree.

Compost is full of nutrients that we want to get down in the soil to feed the plants through their roots. In contrast, mulch is the layer of organic materials placed on the top of the soil as a protective cover.Mulch helps to suppress weed germination, retain moisture, insulate the soil, and reduce erosion.
He is talking about the 30 yards of mulch he had delivered, not compost.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie