Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

@fly time to get some jacketed and cooled conical fermentors!

And then tell me how you like them, because this guy is sticking with the shit he has now for the time being :p
We have a 10 gal conical fermentor, just no fermenting fridge that it will fit in. And IIRC, conical really only matters if you're saving yeast (and it's still bad for them).

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
i have three, i gotta get rid of at least 1.

Sliding 12 inch miter with my nice forrest crosscut blade in it, used primarily for fine hardwoods
non-sliding 12 inch miter with a shitty dewalt blade in it, used for cutting up 2x4s, 4x4s
non-sliding 10 inch delta that weights like 80 pounds that i have a ferrous metal blade in. Used very rarely.

i have three, i gotta get rid of at least 1.

Sliding 12 inch miter with my nice forrest crosscut blade in it, used primarily for fine hardwoods
non-sliding 12 inch miter with a shitty dewalt blade in it, used for cutting up 2x4s, 4x4s
non-sliding 10 inch delta that weights like 80 pounds that i have a ferrous metal blade in. Used very rarely.
I have a 14" metal miter (w/abrasive blade), and the 12" craftsman wood miter (has a Marples blade).

I like the c'man, the marples cuts nice, the laser is true, and the c'man 4 leg stand is fucking sweet. It does 4x4, which is about as big as my stock comes that doesn't need to go in the crosscut sled.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Picked up the 3A craftsman oscillating tool so that I could trim some drywall patches in the garage and insulation around the window in the living room, and it worked fucking great.

I don't know why I haven't had one of these before, they're awesome.

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
Picked up the 3A craftsman oscillating tool so that I could trim some drywall patches in the garage and insulation around the window in the living room, and it worked fucking great.

I don't know why I haven't had one of these before, they're awesome.
indeed. Great fuckin tools.

Blades are pricey, 1-2 bucks a piece.

Go through em quick if you're cutting wood.

rafters not trusses? I know i dont have to tell you about load bearing vs not.
Storage trusses with a load bearing wall immediately adjacent.

The truss has a 6' span between the load bearing wall and the first attachment point that's rated for storage (at least according to the blueprints for the house).