Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

Anyone know if I can take that old Version Demarc down without going to federal pound me in the ass prison?

The phone wires are still hooked up to it, and then it to the ONT, but we don't have a house phone and I can't see use getting one.

I'd like to wrap up that old phone wire too.
just don't brag about it on social media and you should be fine. ;)

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and nukes
Anyone know if I can take that old Version Demarc down without going to federal pound me in the ass prison?

The phone wires are still hooked up to it, and then it to the ONT, but we don't have a house phone and I can't see use getting one.

I'd like to wrap up that old phone wire too.

outside your house = technically owned by the phone company.

That said, do it anyway

NID for copper services?
Do you have aerial copper dropwire from pole to your house or underground?
If there any voltage on the pair? If so I'd leave it be.

Used to be when you got FIOS, VZ removed the copper drops to your home and won't reinstall. Sort of surprised both are still there. VZ wants out of the copper (and fiber) business badly.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and Jehannum
NID for copper services?
Do you have aerial copper dropwire from pole to your house or underground?
If there any voltage on the pair? If so I'd leave it be.

Used to be when you got FIOS, VZ removed the copper drops to your home and won't reinstall. Sort of surprised both are still there. VZ wants out of the copper (and fiber) business badly.

Underground. And it's not connected to the old coper line coming from outside. Just to the ONT.

Noone comes to me door.

tenor.gif

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
It’s the old copper demarc

Used to be fed by the copper line coming in.

It’s inside the house.
Okay I understand a bit better. You don't have a house alarm on POTS right? Like I said, I'd check for voltage first. Don't need to short a loaded pair causing issues for them. I don't know if VZ leaves CO battery on the pair or not. Consolidated Communications up here most of the time disconnects the pair in the CO. Those Keptel NIDs are fucking garbage anyway. No room to loop up extra IW in the closure.