Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

@fly I went on google and couldn't find anything so I think it's safe to assume these can and should go down the drain as well.

Gun powder
liquid nitrogen
tar
honey
hot lava
printers ink
tons and tons of mashed potatoes
embalming fluid
jello powder
concrete mix

I don't think we'd be allowed to just run the washer water onto the (also mostly dead until it starts raining next month) lawn. There's a lake (pond, whatever) near the house.

I don't think we'd be allowed to just run the washer water onto the (also mostly dead until it starts raining next month) lawn. There's a lake (pond, whatever) near the house.

Yeah usually if there's water nearby or you're on a well they don't allow gray water at all. And most places that do only allow it on like grass and plants/trees. Items that aren't consumed. I know when I first started with my company I spent alot of time in Raleigh NC. Not sure if they still are but a few years ago garbage disposals were illegal. It was because when you have one it turns your sink water into black water instead of gray.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
@fly I went on google and couldn't find anything so I think it's safe to assume these can and should go down the drain as well.

Gun powder
liquid nitrogen
tar
honey
hot lava
printers ink
tons and tons of mashed potatoes
embalming fluid
jello powder
concrete mix

Don't forget lots and lots of plaster of Paris and lots and lots of flour.

• Gravy
Reactions: Floptical
Again, why is it bad to pour vegetable oil down the drain?

I have ZERO to get rid of. I was thinking yesterday and trying to figure out why it would be bad. I couldn't come up with an answer, couldn't find a specific answer on Google that didn't actually refer to fats, and have yet to see one here.
if you want to do an experimental result, toss a bunch of hair, soap scum, poop, and a bunch of toilet paper in a jar of oil and see what forms.

I always bring this along to car shows to help evangelize both the product (which is fabulous) and its water savings.

I can wash all 4 of my cars with one 2 gallon bucket of this stuff (plus some that's less dilute in a spray bottle, for wheels).

i recently got a foam gun for my power washer, i tend to spray the Chemical Guys soaps with that. Its amazing. I can wash the car and the van to a 90% clean solution in about 8 minutes.