Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

I was considering actual functioning shutters for the front of my house.
Couple of problems tho
House is brick, and the exterior sills are kind of deep, so hardware may be a problem
Also, theyd get ravaged by full sun exposure all the time, so Im not sure if wood would work. Maybe some kind of aluminum extrusion to simulate boards?
Dunno.

I like the anchors that are Z shaped and you just push the shutter into the window recess. I think Plylox is one brand?
Yeah, but from what I'm reading they don't *actually* work very well on stucco, even though they say that they do. They also put the wood/polycarbonate right against the glass which leads to breakage if the material flexes during an impact. You really want it at least a couple of inches off the window.

And turns out I'm wrong about the polycarbonate panels. They don't meet all the Florida codes, and if I'm going to do this, might as well do it right. Instead I'll be using aluminum panels like this:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Bertha-2-1-2-D-x-88-H-x-15-W-Hurricane-Panels/3042476

Thats the way to go for a more permanent solution if you dont have brick
I have the plylox/plywood system but the plywood panels are shitty and warped the second they got wet
Im gonna make some new ones and paint them when I have time

Thats the way to go for a more permanent solution if you dont have brick
I have the plylox/plywood system but the plywood panels are shitty and warped the second they got wet
Im gonna make some new ones and paint them when I have time
Ya, we've got stucco. Brick is obviously a bit more of a pain in the ass.

Wait, yours is brick? I don't remember that.