NSFW The Exercise Thread

wetwillie

Butt Hamster
May 24, 2018
Mid MIchigan
I'm at the age where I try not to do that shit, which means you REALLY shouldn't be doing that shit. However, tiger...
I try to avoid it too. I cool with heights and love climbing a tree, hill or building. But yeah, not doing stuff anymore like flinging myself off the 3rd level of a scaffolding unit so I could grab the fall bar on the second level(no planks down or in the way on that level) and do a flip before landing. Second wife screamed so bad when I did that.:fly:
rip.

• Haha
Reactions: fly

OOD

Yet ANOTHER ! Beautiful Bearded Rashner
Apr 16, 2016
Got myself a treadmill. I'm trying to run twice a day on it. This morning I got up an hour earlier to start a 5k training program. I could run a 5k right now, but I figured it would be better to work up to it to avoid injury. It's be a few months since I ran one. 30 is around the corner for me. I have to start taking my health more seriously and be more consistent. Especially concerning cardio. Heart disease runs in the family.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer

OOD

Apr 16, 2016
I'm no expert, but just starting from the couch I'd think you'd be risking injury running 2x a day. Take it slowly.
Top speed on this program is 4 mph at the moment for about 3 minutes. It's damn near walking for my long legs. 30 minutes per workout. It's so easy I considered skipping the first 30 workouts out of 60. This morning's session was 1.2 miles in 34 minutes. I have a natural endurance for running, can't lift weights for shit though.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer

fly

Osharts 11
Oct 1, 2004
Steam
mattressfish
Top speed on this program is 4 mph at the moment for about 3 minutes. It's damn near walking for my long legs. 30 minutes per workout. It's so easy I considered skipping the first 30 workouts out of 60. This morning's session was 1.2 miles in 34 minutes. I have a natural endurance for running, can't lift weights for shit though.
There's a reason why its easy to start. Your bones are soft. You want to slowly damage them so they harden up without causing you pain - which will stop you from running.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie

OOD

Apr 16, 2016
There's a reason why its easy to start. Your bones are soft. You want to slowly damage them so they harden up without causing you pain - which will stop you from running.
Did you see where I said 4mph for 3 minutes? 3.5mph is walking speed. I'm pretty sure it's set low for people who struggle with running, I never have. First time I ran, back when I lost 100 pounds, I did a 5K at 270 pounds with no injuries and kept doing it. I think you're underestimating the human body. Without the program I would be doing 2 miles twice a day at a constant 6mph. If I do any less I will stop running from boredom.

fly

Osharts 11
Oct 1, 2004
Steam
mattressfish
Did you see where I said 4mph for 3 minutes? 3.5mph is walking speed. I'm pretty sure it's set low for people who struggle with running, I never have. First time I ran, back when I lost 100 pounds, I did a 5K at 270 pounds with no injuries and kept doing it. I think you're underestimating the human body. Without the program I would be doing 2 miles twice a day at a constant 6mph. If I do any less I will stop running from boredom.
Knock yourself out.

I only mention it because lots of people start running and do it way too quickly. Then they end up with injuries and stop running.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD